Felony 2 wheel drive felony?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundayracing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Outcast 6s
Just picked up a felony, pretty exited, but am thinking about taking the front driveshafts out for some 2x4 drifting. Wanting to carry less speed for smaller spaces like in my garage and be able to slide it around more. Anybody done this? Will it mess with center diff?

That's what I was worried about didn't know if that thick center fluid would still send power to back tires..I could put a locker in it and remove front driveshafts. I could also leave front diff in And just pull dog bones to front tires for some added resistant?

And just pull dog bones to front tires for some added resistant?
I don't really understand this part. Doesn't it just mean "leave it 4x4?

You could do the silicone ear plug thing many do. It would be a bit cheaper, though I don't know if it might have a negative effect on the diffs

Well no I was saying I could leave the center diff connected to front,but take the bones from front diff to tires out leaving the front diff engaged but not driving the front tires. What silicone the ear thing, I'm unfamiliar

That's what I was worried about didn't know if that thick center fluid would still send power to back tires..I could put a locker in it and remove front driveshafts. I could also leave front diff in And just pull dog bones to front tires for some added resistant?
If you're going to do it, a center spool will work perfectly. As for the front, depends on if you want to keep the extra weight or not. If not, take out the front center dogbone, the dif and both axles. If you want weight, take out the front center dogbone, and the two front axles. No sense wearing out bearings on the difs by leaving the axles attached.

Just picked up a felony, pretty exited, but am thinking about taking the front driveshafts out for some 2x4 drifting. Wanting to carry less speed for smaller spaces like in my garage and be able to slide it around more. Anybody done this? Will it mess with center diff?
Nope. Not that simple. You will need to run a spool at the center if anything.
2WD, even done properly, you won't be drifting it in a garage. It is 1/7 scale with a very long chassis. Too much understeer with this platform, so you will need alot more space than a garage. To drift best, you need a very sharp Steering angle. The Fel/Infr/Lim don't have this by design. There is minimal ST. Endpoint Sweep due to the Pivotball front end layout.
I am sure it can be done however.:) Go for it, Just think it out better.

Or just get a 1/10 dedicated drift rig with hard plastic drift wheels for the garage.
They are fun. I considered getting one myself. They are not that expensive. You will need a Gyro for best control.
:cool:

I also was concerned with lack of steering angle when I looked over the front end was thinking about taking a grinder to the hubs hahaha after the axles were out of way...but your right might be better off buying something more drift then speed..any recommendations for me to checkout while I'm kicking it around?

You cannot grind the ST hubs. The St travel is limited by the Pivot ball within the ST Hub socket. There is no way to grind or shave anything off. Will ruin/ compromise the Hub. Does not work. Look closer at the front PB hubs to see what I mean.
Would only perhaps work on Camber Link style front ends. (with C-Hubs) How 1/10 drift rig chassis' are set up.

Perhaps focus more on increasing the castor angle for more Fr. steering bite? Trial and error here. And tire type matters.
Also play with the Ackerman adjustment.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back