Kraton 2 x 3S or 1 6s battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakko

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
  3. Voltage
Added weight aside, is it better to do a pair of 6-7k mah 3s batteries (that I could use in my Vorteks too) or get a big ol' honkin' 6s?

I have 2x3s batteries bc I have a fazon 6s and a talion 6s. Some cars will require 2x3s batteries (nero, fazon, e-revo...), but if you do rc planes you might need 2x6s in which case 6s would be better.

It's all preference. I'd go with dual packs as you said you have a 3s rig just mark like A and B on them so you can rotate them and try to use evenly so one doesn't get used more and cause it to get weak while running as 6s. It's easier to run a single 6s pack in the 6s rigs but like I said it would make sense to get dual in your case so your able to use on both rigs👍 as long as your not running in a 6s Typhon lol as you'll have to raise the rear body posts to even fit the dual packs.

I have 3s (gens 5000mah) and 6s (hrb) packs for my arrmas, the good thing is if one cel goes down on a 3s, the battery is cheaper to replace, but, charge one and plug one, is really nice too, weight related there is not much difference around 30g. Lately I use more my 6s's

I have 3s (gens 5000mah) and 6s (hrb) packs for my arrmas, the good thing is if one cel goes down on a 3s, the battery is cheaper to replace, but, charge one and plug one, is really nice too, weight related there is not much difference around 30g. Lately I use more my 6s's

Bad. Don't try to pair a new battery with a used old battery. The only advantage to 2x3S is if one pack goes bad, you can use the other pack on a 3S rig.

I use 2x3S just because Spectrum doesn't make hard packs in 6S and I like Spectrum hardpacks.

It's all preference. I'd go with dual packs as you said you have a 3s rig just mark like A and B on them so you can rotate them and try to use evenly so one doesn't get used more and cause it to get weak while running as 6s. It's easier to run a single 6s pack in the 6s rigs but like I said it would make sense to get dual in your case so your able to use on both rigs👍 as long as your not running in a 6s Typhon lol as you'll have to raise the rear body posts to even fit the dual packs.
No need to rise posts man, with gensacearespammers (3s 5000mah 50c) they fit great on my Typhon 6s and well balanced

Last edited:
No need to rise posts man, with gensacearespammers (3s 5000mah 50c) they fit great on my Typhon 6s and well balanced
Ya maybe with smaller soft packs but anything else won't fit trust me I own a Typhon and even to fit a 6500mAh 6s soft pack I had to raise my posts.

I didn't think about the mismatched packs, thanks for that. I currently have two packs that were purchased the same date about three weeks ago, but I don't know how they were treated. I know the charger that they were used with was junk, I just started using a better charger to actively store them.

I didn't think about the mismatched packs, thanks for that. I currently have two packs that were purchased the same date about three weeks ago, but I don't know how they were treated. I know the charger that they were used with was junk, I just started using a better charger to actively store them.
Check the internal resistance (IR), temperature when charging, that should give you a good idea of the status in those packs

I'm running different age packs with no problems. I always review how many mah got pumped into each pack when charging back to storage voltage and also look at each cell's voltage before and during the charge. Every now and then I also check the internal resistance. If things get too far off from the others, it's time for a new one and assign the old one to the crawler or the kid's slash.

I'm running different age packs with no problems. I always review how many mah got pumped into each pack when charging back to storage voltage and also look at each cell's voltage before and during the charge. Every now and then I also check the internal resistance. If things get too far off from the others, it's time for a new one and assign the old one to the crawler or the kid's slash.
That's asking for problems, both packs should be same age, mAh and C rating.

Single lipo Man here, don't like stacking lipos, just my preference.

I use two 3s batteries solely because I have a granite also and can use the 3s in that when my kraton is down.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0848J872Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one, which makes no reference to IR...I presume it doesn't have that.

Doesn't look like it. You can just buy a LiPo battery checker that has the internal resistance feature if you don't want to invest in a new charger. There are a bunch out there from many brands. The best, most feature filled are probably from Spectrum and ISDT. These guys run 30 to 40 bucks. If you want to spend less there are others out there that are more simple in nature. Just Google LiPo battery checker or something along those lines.

Good tip, thank you. I have the little individual cell voltage meters, but if it offers IR, I don't see it. There's a nice one for $10 that should fit the bill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back