2 XLX Ecs broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talion4speed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
I don't know what is happening but I have burnt up 2 castle XLX escs after I run the tp 2700kv motor on them. I put my 2200kv motor back on and Both escs make the motor cog really bad now and shut off when I give it full throttle. what is causing this? I was running 34/34 gearing with the tp motor when both escs gave out

Are you temping them on your runs? Could be a ton of things. Your gearing, diffs too tight if you shimmed them, something binding/incorrect gear mesh, etc.

what are you running them in? 1:1 on a 2700 seems alittle high gearing maybe that's why..
My arrma typhon. So do you think it fried the escs. Because now no matter what motor I use the it cogs really bad then when I give it full throttle it shuts off and re starts it self

My arrma typhon. So do you think it fried the escs. Because now no matter what motor I use the it cogs really bad then when I give it full throttle it shuts off and re starts it self
Sounds way over geared... If you watch some of those speed guys they give a little push to their vehicles to start them. Sensored set ups tend to resolve this. Your esc is trying to figure out which direction the motor is turning and can't do it with the heavy gearing. Hence the shut down restart thing.

possibly fried 1 phase of the esc, also could be a bad solder joint. does it do this with no load on motor? don't let it cog like that very bad on whole system. check with tires off ground not full throttle either just see if motor will start. if not try a different motor. could be either motor or esc, or a bad connection.

possibly fried 1 phase of the esc, also could be a bad solder joint. does it do this with no load on motor? don't let it cog like that very bad on whole system. check with tires off ground not full throttle either just see if motor will start. if not try a different motor. could be either motor or esc, or a bad connection.
I have tried it with 2 different motors and it does the same thing. 1 of the escs I cant even recalibrate it without it shutting off and restarting and the other esc will work when the tires off the ground but as soon as I put it on the ground and try to run it it shuts off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back