Kraton 2 years of owning a kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Sup arrma fam! So for my 2 years of being in this hobby I decided to finish my kraton build and make a build log chronicling my journey. First off, I would like to thank each and every one of you that took the time to help me when I had stupid questions or did something stupid and needed help fixing it ? this forum is AMAZING. My very first upgrade I did was adding tbone front and rear bumpers. I bought some really poop hand tools and managed to strip every screw thst came with the kit. I honestly thought I ruined my entire truck but you guys walked me through it.
20191229_225533.jpg
20200223_005518.jpg
20200412_033902.jpg
20200413_165755.jpg
20200416_203804.jpg
20200429_185906.jpg
20200427_183713.jpg
20200513_182950.jpg
20200526_202358.jpg
20200612_215252.jpg
20200716_163506.jpg
20200801_002106.jpg
20201024_184111.jpg
20201024_200902.jpg
20201025_002752.jpg
I was able to extract every screw, bought mip tools and installed it correctly. I learned a valuable lesson in rc that day. NEVER BUY CRAP TOOLS! And if you want something done right, buy quality parts and be done with it ? next major milestone for me was replacing all a arms. After that,, all bearings replaced with rubber shielded bearings. This intimidated me alot because many parts need to be removed to install them. With a little help from this forum, I managed to replace them with minimal problems. Next up was a total diff rebuild for all 3 diffs. I really enjoyed doing this for some reason ?after these little jobs I did, my confidence got much better and I was off to the races. Any and every upgrade I could do, I did. Here is a photo bomb of the next year and a half of diving head first into the world of rc. At the end of spring this year, I was schooled so well here at arrma forum, I decided to tackle a kit. I successfully built a tekno mt410. Anyways, thanks to everyone here. Yall great!! ??

Your car is in excellent shape for 2 yrs of running. Looks almost like she's been a shelf queen most of the time. ;) I envy you for the availability of upgrade parts. Here in Germany you can get RPM suspension arms, but thats about it. But, Arrma parts are available - mostly. Ordering from the US is expensive, so breaking and buying several Arrma parts is cheaper in the end.
Nice build. A nice car makes the hobby so much more enjoyable. I'm going to take mine apart during the coming winter and make it pretty again too.

I'm beginning to think, the only running you did with her is through a car wash. Amazingly clean and beautiful rig. Nice job...

I find I can’t just wash them without little bits of water getting left on and causing rust. Even after I blow it out with compressed air. @East tactics uses WD-40 to keep it looking nice and I’ve started using that, any other tips to keep it clean? Just wash and rinse, dry and blow out with compressed air then some WD-40?

Your car is in excellent shape for 2 yrs of running. Looks almost like she's been a shelf queen most of the time. ;) I envy you for the availability of upgrade parts. Here in Germany you can get RPM suspension arms, but thats about it. But, Arrma parts are available - mostly. Ordering from the US is expensive, so breaking and buying several Arrma parts is cheaper in the end.
Nice build. A nice car makes the hobby so much more enjoyable. I'm going to take mine apart during the coming winter and make it pretty again too.
I'm really surprised you guys don't have more upgrade options. Doesn't Germany have some of the best metal mills in the world? i will admit though, my kraton has had a semi easy life ??
I find I can’t just wash them without little bits of water getting left on and causing rust. Even after I blow it out with compressed air. @East tactics uses WD-40 to keep it looking nice and I’ve started using that, any other tips to keep it clean? Just wash and rinse, dry and blow out with compressed air then some WD-40?
I use 3d waterless car wash then I blow it off with compressed air then I use a product called sc1. Its a detail pray that protects
20201006_231138.jpg
the entire truck. It comes out looking brand new everytime I wash it ?

I've made it a point not to run it through water because I hate the cleaning process. A simple cleaning with my compressor works for me.

Yes, Germany is excellent at mechanical engineering, but the demand is too little for a german company to make stuff for our market. I'm thinking of getting a canned cleaner. Since I don't have compressed air, I'm a soapwater and toothbrush guy. lol

Yes, Germany is excellent at mechanical engineering, but the demand is too little for a german company to make stuff for our market. I'm thinking of getting a canned cleaner. Since I don't have compressed air, I'm a soapwater and toothbrush guy. lol
Hwy, if you don't have a compressor, consider getting one of these. Its small and very powerful. It blows off all water effortlessly and I think its better then a compressor. You never have to worry about running out of compressed air
1603650909271641523295027538457.jpg

Sup arrma fam! So for my 2 years of being in this hobby I decided to finish my kraton build and make a build log chronicling my journey. First off, I would like to thank each and every one of you that took the time to help me when I had stupid questions or did something stupid and needed help fixing it ? this forum is AMAZING. My very first upgrade I did was adding tbone front and rear bumpers. I bought some really poop hand tools and managed to strip every screw thst came with the kit. I honestly thought I ruined my entire truck but you guys walked me through it. View attachment 106286View attachment 106287View attachment 106288View attachment 106289View attachment 106290View attachment 106292View attachment 106293View attachment 106294View attachment 106295View attachment 106296View attachment 106297View attachment 106298View attachment 106299View attachment 106300View attachment 106301 I was able to extract every screw, bought mip tools and installed it correctly. I learned a valuable lesson in rc that day. NEVER BUY CRAP TOOLS! And if you want something done right, buy quality parts and be done with it ? next major milestone for me was replacing all a arms. After that,, all bearings replaced with rubber shielded bearings. This intimidated me alot because many parts need to be removed to install them. With a little help from this forum, I managed to replace them with minimal problems. Next up was a total diff rebuild for all 3 diffs. I really enjoyed doing this for some reason ?after these little jobs I did, my confidence got much better and I was off to the races. Any and every upgrade I could do, I did. Here is a photo bomb of the next year and a half of diving head first into the world of rc. At the end of spring this year, I was schooled so well here at arrma forum, I decided to tackle a kit. I successfully built a tekno mt410. Anyways, thanks to everyone here. Yall great!! ??
Getting ready to do a complete rebuild on my kraton exb roller that is very similar to yours may I ask where you got that silver center diff holder and fan mount I am planning on running the max6 ezrun combo and having difficulty finding a heat sink for 49mm love build and the look you got going thanks in advance for the help

Getting ready to do a complete rebuild on my kraton exb roller that is very similar to yours may I ask where you got that silver center diff holder and fan mount I am planning on running the max6 ezrun combo and having difficulty finding a heat sink for 49mm love build and the look you got going thanks in advance for the help
Hey bud, my center diff braces are made by pps. Here's some pics from the website of the things you'll need. The motor I'm running is a 4092mm 1720kv with a hot racing motor heatsink. The the motor your running is bigger so you may have to get a different one. I know they make heat sinks for yours though. 🤙👊👍

Screenshot_20220728-204800_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-204831_Chrome.jpg

Sup arrma fam! So for my 2 years of being in this hobby I decided to finish my kraton build and make a build log chronicling my journey. First off, I would like to thank each and every one of you that took the time to help me when I had stupid questions or did something stupid and needed help fixing it ? this forum is AMAZING. My very first upgrade I did was adding tbone front and rear bumpers. I bought some really poop hand tools and managed to strip every screw thst came with the kit. I honestly thought I ruined my entire truck but you guys walked me through it. View attachment 106286View attachment 106287View attachment 106288View attachment 106289View attachment 106290View attachment 106292View attachment 106293View attachment 106294View attachment 106295View attachment 106296View attachment 106297View attachment 106298View attachment 106299View attachment 106300View attachment 106301 I was able to extract every screw, bought mip tools and installed it correctly. I learned a valuable lesson in rc that day. NEVER BUY CRAP TOOLS! And if you want something done right, buy quality parts and be done with it ? next major milestone for me was replacing all a arms. After that,, all bearings replaced with rubber shielded bearings. This intimidated me alot because many parts need to be removed to install them. With a little help from this forum, I managed to replace them with minimal problems. Next up was a total diff rebuild for all 3 diffs. I really enjoyed doing this for some reason ?after these little jobs I did, my confidence got much better and I was off to the races. Any and every upgrade I could do, I did. Here is a photo bomb of the next year and a half of diving head first into the world of rc. At the end of spring this year, I was schooled so well here at arrma forum, I decided to tackle a kit. I successfully built a tekno mt410. Anyways, thanks to everyone here. Yall great!! ??
Getting ready to do a complete rebuild on my kraton exb roller that is very similar to yours may I ask where you got that silver center diff holder and fan mount I am planning on running the max6 ezrun combo and having difficulty finding a heat sink for 49mm love build and the look you got going thanks in advance for the
Hey bud, my center diff braces are made by pps. Here's some pics from the website of the things you'll need. The motor I'm running is a 4092mm 1720kv with a hot racing motor heatsink. The the motor your running is bigger so you may have to get a different one. I know they make heat sinks for yours though. 🤙👊👍

View attachment 232646

View attachment 232647
Thanks a bunch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back