Senton 2016 Arrma Senton BLX 185 Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys thought id give a little review on the new 2016 arrma senton blx to help you guys out, this is my first review i have ever done on an rc so be nice firstly I'll start with my history with rc's,
I have owned 4 remote control cars as well as boats, planes and helicopters - Traxxas E-Revo brushless edition, Traxxas E-Revo vxl, HPI Vorza Flux, Old Tamiya truck.

My first impressions on the Arrma Senton is it is a big rugged truck, the suspension felt amazing if not a little soft, the body looked great, i had high hopes of the BLX185 esc and 2050kv motor combo and the radio was a nice inclusion in the 2016 model.

I started by checking if all the screws were tightened and if anything was missing, all was fine
I have run the truck on 4S 5500mah 60c and 6s 3300mah 40c lipo's, my first run with the truck i broke the front left A arm, although this was completely my fault as i had just rolled myself a j and decided to give it a run on 4S in very rough conditions and i drove straight into a broken tree at full speed, lol. i have run the truck a total of 10 times in a month (my local rc shop didnt put the order in for the spare part till a week later when i called to see if it was there!), that hassle aside i have driven the senton on grass, dirt, the track and the road and to be honest, i love it! i can only compare to the current trucks i have owned but i can honestly say im not disappointed my erevo brushless was a blast, wheelied on command and very durable, the vorza was alright, very fast but i had to many problems with it for the price tag and the 1/16th erevo vxl was horrible, very quick on 3s but broke every second time i drove it (different story on 2S, bit who buys a erevo vxl for 2s).

So back to the senton, the stock tires handle well on all the terrain ive driven it on, ive heard that they are to hard but i like sliding around and throwing the car into corners, maybe for racing youd need a change but the senton doesn't have a racing class yet (1/8th SCT) so you wouldnt buy this truck to race it, on grass the senton flys!! especially on 6s, its amazing i had a grey hound/staffy chasing me around for 15minutes till he tired out and it couldnt get close, id occasionally roll under pressure but somehow it would always roll back on its wheels! on the road 6S is insane, it flys and the metal diffs make it seem even faster and more powerful (just the noise compared to plastic diffs), on dirt on 4S or 6S the senton is a blast!! you can throw it around and it just keeps going and going its honestly better then i even expected (i had high hopes for the truck) it handles well and on 6S there is just so much torque, on the track id only recommend driving on 4S because its just to powerful otherwise, if your track is 1/8th scale you could just gear it up a little bit on 4S i feel like you can get more out of it! for on road use the stock tires allow you to drift and on 6S you can leave little burn outs lol, i didnt traction roll half as much as i wouldve with the erevo but i feel like it was almost or just as fast on 6S! The BLX185 motor combo stays cool and hasnt gotten to hot to touch even once (on the grass and road im hardly taking my finger off the trigger), basically all the old problems seem to be gone!!

The reported second delay between pulling the throttle and the truck accelerating seems to be gone (i haven't had any problems) and the new tactic TTx300 radio has done very well.
Would I recommend the 2016 Arrma Senton? no doubt, to anyone and everyone! do yourself a favour and pick one up you wont be disappointed

thanks wooidE, its a great truck did alot of research between this the slash 4x4 and losi scte, in the end i feel i made the right decision though! if anyones interested id happily do a follow up review in the future! cheers

Good to hear! I am deciding between a slash 4x4 ultimate & this senton v2. Please do a follow up review on it. Any issues with the battery tray? Some reviews says that you have to look into it because its near the spur gear.

Good to hear! I am deciding between a slash 4x4 ultimate & this senton v2. Please do a follow up review on it. Any issues with the battery tray? Some reviews says that you have to look into it because its near the spur gear.
I have a Platinum Slash and the Senton and ended up butting a 2650 Motor and Hobbywing SC8 into the Slash, but I STILL prefer to drive the Senton... And I'm being honest. I drill have my Slash and will probably hold onto it, but I always opt for the Senton. Something about it.

Now... If you wanna just run 2s (and geared down 3s only) then get the Slash. You can gear it up a little and run 2s all day long. It's a solid performer and quite fast on 2s. But again - I prefer my Senton in almost all conditions over my Slash. Heck - like the op of this thread - I've discovered I love the stock tires after trying some others, I come back to the stock tires...

Anyway - I hope this helps!

Thanks very much for the input. If i will get it most probably i will run on 4s-6s. One more thing, how is the radio controller? Is there a lag on the throttle? I've watched a review for the V1 and they were saying that there is a some sort of delay/lag once you pull the throttle? Do you have any issues with it? And battery tray, how do you stack up if you're running 6s?

Thanks very much for the input. If i will get it most probably i will run on 4s-6s. One more thing, how is the radio controller? Is there a lag on the throttle? I've watched a review for the V1 and they were saying that there is a some sort of delay/lag once you pull the throttle? Do you have any issues with it? And battery tray, how do you stack up if you're running 6s?
What issues have there been with the battery tray? I haven't had any so far but I'm using a 22.2v lipo so it's massive and pretty stable, the delay I think is now gone with the 2016 model there definitely was some sort of delay on all of the 1/8th scale arrma's but I think that's been taken care of now! I'll do a follow up review when I get a few more packs through it not enough reviews on this truck

I've never used a slash 4x4 platinum but it was between that and the Senton, I feel like traxxas is to over priced for what you're getting but they do have great parts support

I've been running them side by side. I might go ahead and stick them together into their own brick though. No reason not to. Then I can put the brick in how I feel. Side by side is the only way if you have 2. No issues with the tray - it comes off and can be adjusted.

I have a Slash 4x4, dumped a ton of money into it (2650kv motor and a Mamba Monster 2 esc, Mip X-Duty cvds, and a lot of other parts.) I still prefer my stock senton. The HCG slash is just too "jumpy", flip prone and light... my senton just glides down the street. Thats why I'm trying to find a buyer for my slash, I'm just done with it. Try turning all the way over at half or 3/4 speed with a slash and youll be running to flip it over. With the Senton I can run full speed on 4s on pavement, turn as hard as I can and it just slides on all 4 tires. I know youre getting the LCG version, but I don't see it making that huge of a difference, maybe on dirt theres a huge difference, but I don't race.

I have a Slash 4x4, dumped a ton of money into it (2650kv motor and a Mamba Monster 2 esc, Mip X-Duty cvds, and a lot of other parts.) I still prefer my stock senton. The HCG slash is just too "jumpy", flip prone and light... my senton just glides down the street. Thats why I'm trying to find a buyer for my slash, I'm just done with it. Try turning all the way over at half or 3/4 speed with a slash and youll be running to flip it over. With the Senton I can run full speed on 4s on pavement, turn as hard as I can and it just slides on all 4 tires. I know youre getting the LCG version, but I don't see it making that huge of a difference, maybe on dirt theres a huge difference, but I don't race.
I must be honest in saying the LCG really does make that much of a difference. I really does. I say this from experience. I had a Stampede I converted to a Slash 4x4, then bought a Slash Platinum and subsequently put the LCG on the other one. Haha. So now I have what amounts to two very very very upgraded slashes. One with Tekno Shafts all around and the other with MIP's and both with Leopard 2650 motors.

I make it a point to say all this because.. Despite all the money thrown into both of them and how awesome both of them really are - I STILL prefer my Senton. Lol. Honestly! :)

I trust ya on that, I'd rather just get rid of the slash for a new Typhon or to upgrade my Senton.

I trust ya on that, I'd rather just get rid of the slash for a new Typhon or to upgrade my Senton.
And I hear that. I feel like I don't have much use for mine. Maybe they'll be handed down to my daughters in the future.

update: run alot more packs through my senton on both 6s and 4s and ive found some weakness! the rear bumper is very flimsy and for the weight of the truck not strong enough to absorb the impact or just running on 6s it shakes uncontrollably without being put on the ground, the screws in it also seem to all be stripping one by one causing everything to fall apart just ordered a new set from my local hobby shop. The a arms on the truck also seem to be a bit brittle (not just me read a couple complaints across the whole 1/8th scale arrma lines) and ive broken them twice since i purchased the truck, the wheels and tires keep ungluing from the rims quickly fixed with super glue but still ruin a good bashing session short. Lastly the stock tires do not grip on hard dirt or clay tracks at all unfortunately :( need to upgrade those, but i must say everything else is fine the motor runs cool and provides power to light up the wheels but i have to take back my comment on the speed comparison to my erevo on 6s because i may have over shot it but thats not to say it cant still keep up easily, i would still recommend this truck to anyone, my view on it hasnt changed at all

time to pick between either a buggy, summit vxl or savage xs flux hahahah

I had a Slash Platinum.....then an HPI Vorza. I now have a Typhon and a Kraton

All 3 are better vehicles than the Slash, which is basically a plastic toy by comparison.

With that being said, it's easier to find parts for the Slash and it's cheaper to run on 2 or 3 s batteries.

I'll never go back to 1/10th a scale though.

My buddy is the same, had a modded LCG Slash and hasn't touched it since getting his Talion (after seeing my Kraton)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back