2016 BLX Metal gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raffa

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
hi all,

I recently upgraded my 2016 Raider to full metal gears and diff with new diff case and motor mount. But when putting it all back together again the gearbox seems to be not meshing right. I turn my spur hear and the outdrive cups barley turn and seem to slip on the gears

hi all,

I recently upgraded my 2016 Raider to full metal gears and diff with new diff case and motor mount. But when putting it all back together again the gearbox seems to be not meshing right. I turn my spur hear and the outdrive cups barley turn and seem to slip on the gears

If all gears are correct, then the gear casing is not right!
Could you make a picture of the gearbox opened, with the gears inside?

Edit: You are not the only one: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/watch-out-new-raider-xl-blx-and-metal-gear-upgrade.3104/

Something is wrong here, what's Arrma doing lately with the 1/10th scale models?

I'm sorry I'm not home at the moment with photos. Maybe in a day or so I'll get some.

But I do have a list of all the parts I have bought for it. I'm worried I may have put it together wrong.

This is for my Raider XL (AR102662)

This is a list of all the parts I have bought to upgrade to the metal gearbox.

Button Head Screws 3x12mm (AR721312)
Flat Head Screws 3x8mm (AR722308)
Motor Mount (AR320007)
Gearbox Set (AR310001)
Differential Idler Gear Set (AR310416)
Idler Gear 20T Metal (AR310016)
Input Shaft 59mm BLX 2014 (AR310599)
Cap Head Screw 3x65mm (AR723365)
Rollcage Set Rear (AR320211)
Motor Guard (AR320181)

I tried following the installation manual for the older raider XL but I feel I missed something. Will send photos soon!

If all gears are correct, then the gear casing is not right!
Could you make a picture of the gearbox opened, with the gears inside?

Edit: You are not the only one: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/watch-out-new-raider-xl-blx-and-metal-gear-upgrade.3104/

Something is wrong here, what's Arrma doing lately with the 1/10th scale models?

Hi

Do you have the flat side of the diff gear facing the drivers side of the tranny.

IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG
Here is how I have it all put in this time after pulling it apart.

I think I may have had the diff the other way around last time. Haven't run it yet because I'm still waiting for parts but if someone could check and see if it looks right or post photos of theirs to compare.
Thankyou

Looking forward to hearing a response and your findings. You will be our first true guinea pig as to doing a direct full metal swap into a 2016 BLX model. The fact these trucks shipped with plastic transmission gears are unacceptable. Even the Redcats and HSP's of the world in this price range come with metal gears..

Thanks.

I have been taking photos of every little mod I've made since I got my Raider. I feel like it's close to perfect now. I will use this's photos to make a build log about it as I never really see much for the 1/10 cars unfortunately which makes it hard for someone like me who is new to the hobby.

I have been taking photos of every little mod I've made since I got my Raider. I feel like it's close to perfect now. I will use this's photos to make a build log about it as I never really see much for the 1/10 cars unfortunately which makes it hard for someone like me who is new to the hobby.

That will help a lot of people. Looking forward to that.

It's been a while since you posted this, but I really appreciate your detailed explanation of how you fixed the transmission in your Raider. I have a similar problem with my Granite BLX at the moment --- the transmission gears are shredded due to the horsepower of the BLX system on 3S. I will be following your process to upgrade my gears. Thank you so much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back