Raider 2016 Raider BLX dogbone info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyhall

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
So I got my 2016 Raider Blx and tore up the dogbones and axle and output shaft shortly after I got it. Searched online and seemed it was a common occurrence so I ordered a few different length dogbones for the redcat. Ended up using the 90mm Redcat ones. After running those for a while the stub axle was getting torn up again. Trying to figure out whether the dogbones are measured pin to pin or overall I pulled out the messed up arrma dogbone that came with the car and measured. It was 80mm pin to pin. So I ordered another 83mm that has the "83mm" etched into the middle of the dogbone. I received it and measured it and what do you know it's 83mm pin to pin. So I installed it and it's a perfect fit. The pic of it installed is pushed all the way into the output shaft so as you can see it only leaves enough for the compression of the arms. So there issue resolved on that.

Next is the Redcat 90mm dogbones. Perfect length but the pins are a lot smaller which would explain it tearing up my axle. The HPI pins are the same as the Arrma's but I bought the 6x86mm which is just slightly too long to where it would bind only when the springs are compressed so maybe an 84 would be good. Here are also some pics of a side by side of the Redcat pins and the Arrma pins. Hope this helps
20170301_202426.jpg
20170301_202426.jpg
20170301_204441.jpg
20170301_204441.jpg
20170301_204533.jpg

Many thanks for sharing!
Why is Arrma suppying the RTR kits with the short dogbones? I do not understand
Right!! Crappy!

So I got my 2016 Raider Blx and tore up the dogbones and axle and output shaft shortly after I got it. Searched online and seemed it was a common occurrence so I ordered a few different length dogbones for the redcat. Ended up using the 90mm Redcat ones. After running those for a while the stub axle was getting torn up again. Trying to figure out whether the dogbones are measured pin to pin or overall I pulled out the messed up arrma dogbone that came with the car and measured. It was 80mm pin to pin. So I ordered another 83mm that has the "83mm" etched into the middle of the dogbone. I received it and measured it and what do you know it's 83mm pin to pin. So I installed it and it's a perfect fit. The pic of it installed is pushed all the way into the output shaft so as you can see it only leaves enough for the compression of the arms. So there issue resolved on that.

Next is the Redcat 90mm dogbones. Perfect length but the pins are a lot smaller which would explain it tearing up my axle. The HPI pins are the same as the Arrma's but I bought the 6x86mm which is just slightly too long to where it would bind only when the springs are compressed so maybe an 84 would be good. Here are also some pics of a side by side of the Redcat pins and the Arrma pins. Hope this helpsView attachment 8335 View attachment 8335 View attachment 8336 View attachment 8336 View attachment 8337
Thanks for doing that research slyhall. I to am having this issue. Annoying! I seen a fix on a different forum where he used rear axle off a team durango.. I was thinking of doing that fix but the axles are 40$ maybe there is a TD outdrive shaft that will work too.. Ill research and check back

Right!! Crappy!

Thanks for doing that research slyhall. I to am having this issue. Annoying! I seen a fix on a different forum where he used rear axle off a team durango.. I was thinking of doing that fix but the axles are 40$ maybe there is a TD outdrive shaft that will work too.. Ill research and check back
If you look at the first 2 pics that's with the new "83"" dogbones pushed all the way into the transmission so it's a perfect length. I looked into the Team Durango fix along with others too but figured I'd try the 83mm from Tower Hobbies since it lists it as an "optional part" and my measurements were showing 80mm pin to pin. Hope it works out for you too. Still on my same dogbones and stub axles!

If you look at the first 2 pics that's with the new "83"" dogbones pushed all the way into the transmission so it's a perfect length. I looked into the Team Durango fix along with others too but figured I'd try the 83mm from Tower Hobbies since it lists it as an "optional part" and my measurements were showing 80mm pin to pin. Hope it works out for you too. Still on my same dogbones and stub axles!
Great! So your final take is 83mm dog bones from hpi? Do you have a part# to share? I will have to replace my diff outdrives as they got all chewed up... Here is a pic of the TD axels that fit if your intersted

Ahhhh i see now... I guess im slow. Iv looked all over arrmas site and never noticed the 83mm dog bones.. Yes! That should work TY

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-01-08-43-05.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-01-08-43-05.png
    383.1 KB · Views: 86
Great! So your final take is 83mm dog bones from hpi? Do you have a part# to share? I will have to replace my diff outdrives as they got all chewed up... Here is a pic of the TD axels that fit if your intersted
Nice thanks.

I didn't use the HPI axles. I got the 86mm and they were too long. The ones I'm using and that is in the first pictures is actually the Arrma 83mm axles from Tower Hobbies
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGBP&P=Z

I was just saying if there is an HPI in maybe an 84mm length it would probably work since the pin size was the same but since my 83mm Arrma ones worked I never looked into it anymore.

Here is a pic of my stub since I got the 83mm arrma dogbones. I've only run 3s and just bashing. Punch setting at 1 or 2 usually. Maybe a month of use.

So for me the 83mm arrma's has worked for me
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGBP&P=Z
20170401_113844.jpg

The slight wear at the ends is before I got the 83mm's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back