Kraton 2018 Kraton release date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tower Hobbies shows they are on order. I imagine there is a huge backlog of orders to catch up with. If you ordered in April, you're probably up real soon! I will cross my fingers for ya

Please help me I started off with a stampede 4x4vxl done a ton of upgrades. Then I found an awesome deal on a used outcast and bought it. I want to get another arrma vehicle but can’t decide which one I want between the kraton or typhoon. Any suggestions?

Well it really depends on where you plan on driving the most. If you are going to be in a lot of grassy, wooded, or thick brush areas, the Kraton. If you are going to be on somewhat smooth surfaces, clay, or loose soil, the Typhon will perform beautifully. My Typhon does not like the grass very much. It will rip through it, but it heats up fast doing that.

My advice? BOTH! :woot:

Please help me I started off with a stampede 4x4vxl done a ton of upgrades. Then I found an awesome deal on a used outcast and bought it. I want to get another arrma vehicle but can’t decide which one I want between the kraton or typhoon. Any suggestions?

Either would be awesome. Kinda depends what you want. The typhon isn’t going to go well in rough terrain or in the grass. The smaller tires limit where it can be run to a degree. That said I love my senton. That it struggles to rip around rougher off-road makes it cool to me.

The kraton is very similar to the outcast. I have an outcast and my buddy has a talion. The biggest difference to me is that I can barely touch the throttle and my truck wheelies. He can put down the power and take off. It’s like you can use the power much more. As an example we hit a construction site and found a huge dirt mound to climb. He shot right up it but I couldn’t get it due to my truck wanting to wheelie when I put down the power.

So outcast to kraton would be a somewhat small difference in the feel of driving the two. Outcast to typhon would feel completely different. My senton is a rocket. It absolutely rips. My buddy says it feels faster. I can’t explain it but I think because it’s more compact, it feels like it’s going faster. Like it’s more wild. If that makes sense.

You won’t be disappointed with either. Just think about what you want to expierence when driving.

What are you looking to do with the new one? Kraton is much like your Outcast only a little longer and the Typhon is built off the Outcast chassis but is a buggy. I love all three of mine. If I already had an Outcast I would get a Typhon so you have a basher and a buggy you could play with.

I too drive my cars on construction sites. But I want to take them to bmx parks exactly like rich duperbash. I was leaning towards the typhon cause the outcast and kraton are very similar. Now my only problem is I have to wait until the v3 finally hits Canada we have not received any v3s here.

I have a Kraton and Typhon, and want an outcast... LOL.

If it helps, I am considering (and bought most of the parts) changing my Typhon to an Outcast. But I never really think of changing my Kraton to an outcast - even though it would be much simpler.

So I guess I'd vote, Get the Kraton!

I know I will eventually get both and then I will have to suck up to the wifey for awhile lol

Kraton and grey Outcast in stock at Tower Hobbies right now.

Isn't Arrma based in the UK? I thought you would get them 1st before USA.

Annnnddd I bought a Kraton. LHS is starting to carry ARRMA! Super excited about having parts locally now. Seeing that they had a Senton, and a Kraton, what better way to make sure they keep stocking them, then to buy one? :wacky:

Nice. I didn’t even bother looking local to be honest. I always do everything online. But wish I had checked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back