Kraton 2018 kraton taking forever to come into uk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does it take do long for UK shop's to get the 2018 v3 arrma kraton from supplier?
Any ideas as the got them in USA already.
I posted this in another thread as well and the same is going for the vehicles as well as the vehicles themselves.

I am guessing that the parts shortage is the same parts shortage that is currently going on in USA. I believe this issue is that Hobbico (Arrma's parent company) was having financial problems and couldn't pay their vendors for parts and vehicles and has declared bankrupcy. Arrma has been sold to Horizon Hobby and the deal should be going through this week sometime I believe. So soon Arrma parts will be readily available again after Horizon gets everything up and running but it will probably take some time as I am sure there is a backlog of people waiting for parts.

I posted this in another thread as well and the same is going for the vehicles as well as the vehicles themselves.

I am guessing that the parts shortage is the same parts shortage that is currently going on in USA. I believe this issue is that Hobbico (Arrma's parent company) was having financial problems and couldn't pay their vendors for parts and vehicles and has declared bankrupcy. Arrma has been sold to Horizon Hobby and the deal should be going through this week sometime I believe. So soon Arrma parts will be readily available again after Horizon gets everything up and running but it will probably take some time as I am sure there is a backlog of people waiting for parts.

That deal is actually up in the air. Nothing is finalized. Horizon only bought the rights to distribute Arrma products in the US, not the company itself. It will take months for Horizon to takeover Hobbico's operations even after the courts. ATM, Arrma is handling all distribution worldwide & in the US w/o a distribution company. Even though Arrma is UK based, they have given priority to the US market since here's where most of its sale are. But parts still have to undertake that slow boat from China no matter what.

That deal is actually up in the air. Nothing is finalized. Horizon only bought the rights to distribute Arrma products in the US, not the company itself. It will take months for Horizon to takeover Hobbico's operations even after the courts. ATM, Arrma is handling all distribution worldwide & in the US w/o a distribution company. Even though Arrma is UK based, they have given priority to the US market since here's where most of its sale are. But parts still have to undertake that slow boat from China no matter what.

I got the information from here. In the link provided by Motm it made it seem like it was a done deal that it was going to Horizon, the deal would be completed this Friday and that Horizon bought the Arrma company itself and not just the distribution rights. I'm not saying that you're wrong in the slightest way, shape or form since we all know how reliable the internet and news stations are.....:rolleyes:...or lack thereof lol. I'm just saying what I got out of that article in News-Gazette.

I know a bit about UK-based businesses. You can't just outright buy an UK company if you aren't one. The taxes involved in buying one can be up to the value of the company including a year's worth of assets. When Hobbico "acquired" Arrma, it was for distribution & product use rights. That did not equate to buying the entire company so it was not subject to the outrageous taxes. Also Arrma had to stay based in the UK & conduct full operations. Product use rights also include product & company name so it can get confusing, but it basically amounts to a loophole to get around paying 2X+ for a UK company.

Anyway, there were a few injunctions filed on the sale by some unknown parties, but since it has been approved then all of them fell through. So hopefully it won't take more than 1-2 months for operations to resume. Right now Tower Hobbies is way too hard to use & my LHS's outlet to the distribution center is gone.

Last edited:
i go the V3 back in December from wheelspin admittedly it was the last 1 sitting in the shop at the time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back