2019/04/20 Bashing my outcast again at the BMX track and other places.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Just started running 6S not long ago, so still getting a feel for it. Pretty sure it overheated... not sure what the esc does when it overheats as the manual just talks about overheating protection, but I didn't see anything in there about what the esc blinks/does when it kicks in. I threw a 13T pinion instead of the 14T and didn't have an issue again. Still plenty fast on 6S.

At the Grass BMX track:

Then a little bit at a skate park, kids were there filming something, and I busted a shock end, so I fixed that and left.

Then at a weedy abandoned development area, used to have a for sale sign, but now says sold... so may go away soon.

Forgot, also broke the HW 50mm fan, I thought it was 40mm, but after measuring, found that it's a 50MM. Couldn't find just the fan, so ordered a couple 6000rpm fans to try out for $8 on ebay. They are a bit taller I think, 15mm vs 10mm. Should still work. Also contemplating putting my recently acquired MMv2 esc from a ERBEv1 on it. Wondering if it's less likely to overheat.

These were the first runs with the Hobbystar 6200mah 50C 3S packs. I got around 21 minutes of run time at the BMX track. I get 15 minutes on the HRB 5000 50C 3S packs. Will see how they HS packs hold up over time. They seemed to perform well.

Cool video's, those Outcast trucks seem a real handful, I don't think I'd be able to drive one.

They really are compared to the others. I love the way my Notorious looks but as far as driving experience goes, it's my least favorite by far. I may try different tires and see if that helps.

Cool video's, those Outcast trucks seem a real handful, I don't think I'd be able to drive one.
Adds to the fun. If it was too easy to drive, it would get boring more quickly for me. I'm not that great at driving, so anything that forces me to be better is good!

My savage flux hp was a real handful before I put a center diff in it. Now it's at least controllable on 4S. lol! It's also a short wheel base truck, but higher COG than the outcast. My stampede 4x4 still gives me troubles now that I'm on 3S. I'll get better... or I'll kill it trying!

Nice vids. I like that first spot.

Yes they are a handful and that just adds to the fun.

I'm not a good driver yet either, this is my first hobby grade and after a long break from anything rc. You did good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back