Outcast 2019/05/25 Outcast bash at the grass bmx track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Only ran one pack through as I was getting pretty stupid and decided to call it a day before I broke something. Finally didn't have a dog bone pop out on me on the front for a change, so that was good. Did break a kevlar string on one of the front tires though. I was crashing the outcast constantly. Couldn't get the timing right. I think driving the savage threw me off a bit.

I had taken my savage flux hp out with 17/47 gearing to run on 6S for the first time. I ran a couple sets of packs through it and about 5 minutes in, one of my tires came unglued on the front (has a center diff transmission), so I swapped a couple off the outcast so I could continue and later broke the string while on the savage.

They had mowed the track, but it was still kind of tall in spots. Both trucks did really good though. No real damage to speak of other than the tire issues. Even though I got rained on in the beginning with the savage, it was a good day!

Only ran one pack through as I was getting pretty stupid and decided to call it a day before I broke something. Finally didn't have a dog bone pop out on me on the front for a change, so that was good. Did break a kevlar string on one of the front tires though.

I had taken my savage flux hp out with 17/47 gearing to run on 6S for the first time. I ran a couple sets of packs through it and about 5 minutes in, one of my tires came unglued on the front (has a center diff transmission), so I swapped a couple off the outcast so I could continue and later broke the string while on the savage.

They had mowed the track, but it was still kind of tall in spots. Both trucks did really good though. No real damage to speak of other than the tire issues. Even though I got rained on in the beginning with the savage, it was a good day!
Love it! Feels like I'm hanging on to the sitting in the bed of the truck, looking out the side, for the whole ride. If this is an old bmx track, why do they keep it so neatly groomed? Good for you I guess.

Love it! Feels like I'm hanging on to the sitting in the bed of the truck, looking out the side, for the whole ride. If this is an old bmx track, why do they keep it so neatly groomed? Good for you I guess.
Well, it's a city/public track that's part of a kiddy park next to it as well as a baseball diamond. It's been there for 10 years, I just found it via google maps last year. Doesn't seem used much, unless they reseed it or something as there is very little evidence that the grass is beaten down/trenched from bikers being on it.

That is such a kewl spot. Strange seeing a grass BMX track.
Maybe they did it as grass just for less maintenance. Most of the jumps/slopes are gradual enough to hit them with a mower. Some of them would be a bit sketchy to mow. But then they don't have to keep dumping limestone or whatever on it year after year. I just hope they keep up with the mowing, or this will be an early spring/late fall type of place as the grass was super short a month or so ago when I first ran there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back