2019/08/31 - Bash at the bmx track with my outcast and ERBEv2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
First run with my titanium rear tower. Held up great. Only "damage" for the day was a steering tie rod popped off. I only ran one set of packs as I had limited time and ran 2 sets through my ERBEv2.

Had fun airing it out!

The ERBEv2 didn't fair so well... snapped one of my new wheels/tires off at the hub. TT MT4 tires/wheels. Really sucks as this was only the 3rd or 4th outing with these and I really liked them. They got decent grip on grass, but would spin so as to not beat up the drive train a lot, enough contact area to hold up well at the skate park and were 1oz lighter per corner over the trencher 3.8's. $80 wasted I guess.

I thought I screwed up the rebuild of the center diff the night before as I lost almost all power to the rear wheels. Then 5 minutes later, the wheel goes rolling. In a way I'm glad... getting to the center diff in the revo is a pain and dealing with the 20M diff "oil" isn't pleasant either. With such thick oil, it's hard to imagine that it would split the power at all, but it does diff out to the front tires pretty often. More so than my outcast with 500K in it's center.

Also broke a tie rod end on it.

The HPI F360C esc I put on it after frying the MXL-6S (MMv2) last weekend has painfully brutal braking. It seemed I wasn't able to use my castle field card with this esc, but I do know it works to connect to the PC, so I'll have to look at the brake curve and perhaps fiddle with that. The MXL-6S was a lot softer engagement. This thing is like a light switch with even a feather touch of the brake. Caused lots of nasty landings. Hoping the cap pack I made for it helps take some of the load off though. The MXL-6S had 2 caps puffed, so I thought ti would be a good idea to make a cap pack for the F360C which is a MMv1.

Turns out, brutal braking = frequent front flips!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back