2019/09/21 bashing the outcast and erbev2 at the bmx track again... in the rain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Had a rough day in the rain. The extra wet grass was like driving on black ice half the time. Out of nowhere, the water in/on the grass would cause the truck to lose about 30% power and all the weight would transfer forward like I was hitting the brakes. Seemed to happen a lot before the face of a jump which then sent me all over the place out of control. That combined with all the cut lawn getting packed into the back side of the wheels and wrapped around the axles causing the esc to over heat and cutting my run times by about 30% also added to the fun. Still... a bad day bashing is better than a good day working. lol!

On the outcast, I ripped the front 2 diff/bulkhead screws out from underneath and ruined the stock bumper mount that holds the hinge pins in place. Also had the front hub carriers pull the pillow balls through a handful of times and I think I finally tweaked my front tower. Got parts in the mail to fix that.

Also messed up the body even more on my ERBEv2 and bent the rear chassis brace pretty bad.

Otherwise, not much other damage. Really liking how well the probodyrc body is holding up on the outcast.

Outcast

ERBEv2

Had a rough day in the rain. The extra wet grass was like driving on black ice half the time. Out of nowhere, the water in/on the grass would cause the truck to lose about 30% power and all the weight would transfer forward like I was hitting the brakes. Seemed to happen a lot before the face of a jump which then sent me all over the place out of control. That combined with all the cut lawn getting packed into the back side of the wheels and wrapped around the axles causing the esc to over heat and cutting my run times by about 30% also added to the fun. Still... a bad day bashing is better than a good day working. lol!

On the outcast, I ripped the front 2 diff/bulkhead screws out from underneath and ruined the stock bumper mount that holds the hinge pins in place. Also had the front hub carriers pull the pillow balls through a handful of times and I think I finally tweaked my front tower. Got parts in the mail to fix that.

Also messed up the body even more on my ERBEv2 and bent the rear chassis brace pretty bad.

Otherwise, not much other damage. Really liking how well the probodyrc body is holding up on the outcast.

Outcast

ERBEv2
Brian, if we don't break them, we're just not trying hard enough. What's your plan when the green gables are covered in the winter?

Nice bro! You can see and hear the wet turf bog down everything. I have to giggle evey time you sigh on a bad landing, it's funny. I think the OC jumps better than the TRX. ?

Brian, if we don't break them, we're just not trying hard enough. What's your plan when the green gables are covered in the winter?
I don't bash a lot in the winter. I usually run my revo and stampede. I typically just stay local and hit a few snow piles in a few parking lots around the holidays and that's about all I do.

Nice bro! You can see and hear the wet turf bog down everything. I have to giggle evey time you sigh on a bad landing, it's funny. I think the OC jumps better than the TRX. ?
The outcast takes it a bit better, usually. Well, it looks better doing it anyway. The revo is holding up really well. I think the outcast is geared quite a bit higher, so it clears stuff the revo won't. Although, I'm hesitant to gear it much higher as the motor/esc already runs pretty hot in the revo. Been thinking about throwing a blx 2050kv in it to see if that helps a bit.

I've only had the revo on 6S for a month or so, so I'm still getting a hang for what it can/can't drive away from. All in all, it's holding it's own.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back