2019/10/07 bashing the outcast and erbev2 at the skate park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Well, I had intended on running at a bmx track I had only been to a handful of times in my life... but when I got there, there were guys working on a building nearby and I didn't notice guys working on the track. As soon as they saw me and my RC, they started waving hands in the air and yelling "NO RC'S ALLOWED HERE!!!"... so instead of extending the conversation... I left. I was pretty bummed at it took 1 hour 20 minutes to get there. Then on my way to the "safe" bmx track which was an hour from there, I had car issues and just came home. Since it was a long drive, I had 3 trucks with me and 12 packs charged up... since my car was acting more normal by the time I got home, I decided to run a bit at my local skate park to just run some of the packs down.

I had done quite a bit of work on the outcast lately. M2C chassis, battery box hold downs, went from TRX to XT90's, all 3 arrma alloy cups in the diffs, various shimming to get the ring/pinion mesh to be better. I removed the gasket from the cap side of the cup and just used rtv to give me some room to shim the ring gear over to mesh with the pinion. Since my last bash, I put in the new front diff, new bulkhead, titanium front tower, removed the T2T, added body clip retainers, replaced the savox 1202 servo that died with a DS3225 25KG and got the hot racing servo saver post with a locking saver nut. I think I set the spring tension a bit soft, or the DS3225 25KG isn't enough as it didn't like turning under power and wandered quite a bit once the tires were up to a decent speed. Ended up hitting a post because of it and snapped a rear shock rod end... can't believe that's all that broke.

After all that stuff, the outcast sounds very smooth and tight. I may have replaced the center bones as well as they were well worn at the ears. Sounds like new again.

Also ran my ERBEv2:

It's doing pretty well also. I cannot wait for the probodyrc body to show up. I'm very tired of fighting with the traxxas bodies that like to rip body clips through and split in half at the windshield. Also didn't feel like replacing the wing, so made a block for it like my outcast so there's something to slide on and skip off the ground vs digging in like a wing or just the wing mount. I tried putting the repaired savox 1202 in it, but the old HPI Blur (MMv1) esc does not have the power for it. When I turned the steering wheel, the fans would drop to a very low RPM, so I knew I was really punishing the internal BEC.

Well, I had intended on running at a bmx track I had only been to a handful of times in my life... but when I got there, there were guys working on a building nearby and I didn't notice guys working on the track. As soon as they saw me and my RC, they started waving hands in the air and yelling "NO RC'S ALLOWED HERE!!!"... so instead of extending the conversation... I left. I was pretty bummed at it took 1 hour 20 minutes to get there. Then on my way to the "safe" bmx track which was an hour from there, I had car issues and just came home. Since it was a long drive, I had 3 trucks with me and 12 packs charged up... since my car was acting more normal by the time I got home, I decided to run a bit at my local skate park to just run some of the packs down.

I had done quite a bit of work on the outcast lately. M2C chassis, battery box hold downs, went from TRX to XT90's, all 3 arrma alloy cups in the diffs, various shimming to get the ring/pinion mesh to be better. I removed the gasket from the cap side of the cup and just used rtv to give me some room to shim the ring gear over to mesh with the pinion. Since my last bash, I put in the new front diff, new bulkhead, titanium front tower, removed the T2T, added body clip retainers, replaced the savox 1202 servo that died with a DS3225 25KG and got the hot racing servo saver post with a locking saver nut. I think I set the spring tension a bit soft, or the DS3225 25KG isn't enough as it didn't like turning under power and wandered quite a bit once the tires were up to a decent speed. Ended up hitting a post because of it and snapped a rear shock rod end... can't believe that's all that broke.

After all that stuff, the outcast sounds very smooth and tight. I may have replaced the center bones as well as they were well worn at the ears. Sounds like new again.

Also ran my ERBEv2:

It's doing pretty well also. I cannot wait for the probodyrc body to show up. I'm very tired of fighting with the traxxas bodies that like to rip body clips through and split in half at the windshield. Also didn't feel like replacing the wing, so made a block for it like my outcast so there's something to slide on and skip off the ground vs digging in like a wing or just the wing mount. I tried putting the repaired savox 1202 in it, but the old HPI Blur (MMv1) esc does not have the power for it. When I turned the steering wheel, the fans would drop to a very low RPM, so I knew I was really punishing the internal BEC.
Wow! Some of the jumps in the later half of the Outcast vid were pretty spectacular for height and distance. Loved the slo-mo ballet in that part. What's crazy is that the damage came from the time you're on the ground ?.Can I make one suggestion though. Either zoom in more or stand closer to the truck. Seems like you pick one spot and run the whole park from there. I'd love to see some of your ariels up close. Still amazed that you jump between those trees from where your standing and miss them every time.

Wow! Some of the jumps in the later half of the Outcast vid were pretty spectacular for height and distance. Loved the slo-mo ballet in that part. What's crazy is that the damage came from the time you're on the ground ?.Can I make one suggestion though. Either zoom in more or stand closer to the truck. Seems like you pick one spot and run the whole park from there. I'd love to see some of your ariels up close. Still amazed that you jump between those trees from where your standing and miss them every time.
Yeah, sorry, I forget that the camera picks up more area than I think it does and tend to stand back since they jump so high. It feels close when I'm running the trucks, then I see the footage and it's like "why am I so far away?!?!"! That tends to happen a lot when I don't get out and run every week.

Gopro hero5 has no zoom and zooming after the fact looks kind of crappy. I do it a bit on some of the slowmo shots to more easily see the contortions the trucks go through on a bad landing or whatever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back