2019/10/20 Bashing the outcast and ERBEv2 at the bmx track and a couple skate parks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Was a really nice day out, mid 50's when I got to the bmx track, with a decent breeze.

Broke a rear hex hub pin on the outcast at the skate park. Thought it likely destroyed the hub, so ordered a set from the car before I left. Got home and fixed it with a spare hardened steel pin. The hub seemed fine.

The revo held up great. I got brave with it and hit a jump I wasn't 100% sure it would clear. Took a few tries to find a line to hit it fast enough. Was nearly pinned at the launch and the rear tires landed 6 inches from the edge of the top of the jump. Much slower and it would have been a nasty lawn dart into the side of a hill!

I also made little clips to lock the XT90's together. This was my first bash session ever with a revo where the plugs didn't separate once! I wish someone would make something like these... fiddling around with a dremel for 30 minutes is annoying. I'd rather pay $5 for someone else to cnc/mold/print them.
2019-1019-XT90-RetainerClips.jpg

Only real bummer is the DS3225 25kg servo I put in the outcast seems to be junk. The tires push it around a lot when it should be strong enough to hold them straight. Ended up with a lot of body rub from the front tires going all nutty in the air. Since I repaired the savox 1210sg, I think I'll try putting that back in and see how it does.

I also tweaked the rear titanium tower on the outcast, set I got from a guy in Russia on ebay. It took some nasty hits today and it made contact with the body at the skate park and ground a hole through it.

Outcast:

ERBEv2:

Last edited:
Appears I damaged my ERBEv2 a bit... busted my center skid in half and nearly ripped one of the battery bays open. Also destroyed one of the battery doors... again. I'm on my 3rd or 4th set of those doors in 3 months... I found this stuff as I was replacing the chassis. Got the roller used and it had a lot of dings/stripped holes and whatnot. After tearing a gouge out of it a couple weeks ago, I ordered a new one.

I never broke one when my ERBE was a v1. Without the skid, the chassis flexes quite a bit, so obviously is a structural piece. I'm hesitant to buy an integy or hot racing alloy part, as that will likely take out a ton of flex and move the stress to a more focused location.

2019-1021-ERBEv2-BrokenCenterSkid.jpg

I'm not easy on the truck by any means.

2019-1021-ERBEv2-BrokenCenterSkid02.jpg

I am running 6S now. When it was a v1, it only ever had 4S in it, so I wasn't airing it out as much as I do now. Also... having the outcast has spoiled me a bit. Now I launch everything! lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back