Outcast 2019 Arrma Outcast 6s Servo Saver Adjustment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gage91

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hello! I purchased my first arrma outcast the other day. It is the 2019 6s version. I am not finding an adjustment to tighten the servo saver like on the older models. I noticed turning in grass was terrible as there was no power in my steering. If anybody knows how to tighten it that would be awesome. I may just be an idiot though.

Thanks
-Gage

There is no adjustment anymore. You will have to add shims under the spring. It was not a very good solution to the previous problem. I believe it is a bear to get apart.

There is no adjustment anymore. You will have to add shims under the spring. It was not a very good solution to the previous problem. I believe it is a bear to get apart.
Thank you for the reply. I guess I gotta buy some shims now. It appears as if they have the steering set up for a dirt track or gravel and not grass.

There is a thread and video on here about this subject, you can do a search to find it.

My vote is for the old version, but it needs to be tightened quite a bit to steer at all.

Either way, the stock servo is garbage not only because the brass gears will die quickly but it’s specs aren’t good enough for the big tires anyway.

I just installed a stronger, faster servo, and am amazed at how much better the truck turns..and that is still on 6V.

I am going to up the voltage to the servo and it should work even better.

The stock servo may work well on the small tired buggies, especially on the street, but I have no experience with those yet so I cannot tell you.

In @bicketybam 's video, he had a heck of a time getting it apart. Pretty sure he said they used red locktite. I replaced his with the old version as well. I'm not sure of the size, but you could try measuring the inner shaft and use some E-clips under the existing washer they have on there. That would be the most direct solution without taking it apart.

His video:

In @bicketybam 's video, he had a heck of a time getting it apart. Pretty sure he said they used red locktite. I replaced his with the old version as well. I'm not sure of the size, but you could try measuring the inner shaft and use some E-clips under the existing washer they have on there. That would be the most direct solution without taking it apart.

His video:
I'll probably just wait till the servo goes out and then change out everything. At the moment I have a broken foot so I've been just sitting out in my pasture jumping it off of a plywood ramp which doesn't require too much steering. Once I can walk I'll probably change it all since I like to take my trucks to the skate park or a track. And that red locktight is a pain in the ass. I stripped my grub screw on the pinion gear trying to change it out to the 16t. Had to use a standard hex to get it out but now the grub screw is stuck on the hex driver.

My vote is for the old version, but it needs to be tightened quite a bit to steer at all.

Either way, the stock servo is garbage not only because the brass gears will die quickly but it’s specs aren’t good enough for the big tires anyway.

I just installed a stronger, faster servo, and am amazed at how much better the truck turns..and that is still on 6V.

I am going to up the voltage to the servo and it should work even better.

The stock servo may work well on the small tired buggies, especially on the street, but I have no experience with those yet so I cannot tell you.
How do you up the voltage to the servo?

How do you up the voltage to the servo?
Get an external BEC or upgrade the esc. Castle makes a 10A and 20A BEC, but I've read a few posts of the 10A verision cooking receivers/servos and frying esc's...

The esc's I run let me increase to 7.4V. I run a HW Max6 in my outcast and ERBEv2, both set to 7.4V.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back