Typhon 2019 Arrma Typhon 3s (V2?) w/IC5 Connector Unboxing Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the advantage of the capacitors? Smoothing it out or?

I came up with a Non ideal fix for the Capacitors blocking my body from fitting. It mean it works for me.. I've only had my Typhon for 1 week and I got tired of it taking minutes fiddling around trying to get the body on while bending/pinching the wire to the point I'm sure it would eventually short out. I just flipped the whole ESC to the other direction.

It was semi annoying getting the top of the receiver box screwed on but it does go on in the opposite direction and now the body pretty much drops right into position and takes 30 seconds or less vs a minute or two with it the other way. There's plenty of clearance with the driveshaft.
Not really recommending anyone do this. Water could potentially get in the receiver box since the top isn't perfectly fit this way. But for ME I only drive on pavement,dirt,grass,gravel in non wet conditions.

Attachments

• 20190614_235753.jpg
    20190614_235753.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190614_235853.jpg
    20190614_235853.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 66
  • 20190615_000545.jpg
    20190615_000545.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190615_000552.jpg
    20190615_000552.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
When a manufacturer provides capacitors with an esc out of the factory, they’re usually doing it to hide an issue. Very important part on the esc.

I just flipped the whole ESC to the other direction.
Funny, I recommended someone else to try this in another thread. Looks like it works pretty well. Are you able to flip just the ESC and keep the receiver box lid/power switch in the stock position?

Funny, I recommended someone else to try this in another thread. Looks like it works pretty well. Are you able to flip just the ESC and keep the receiver box lid/power switch in the stock position?
There is no hole for the screw that holds the power switch down on the other side of the receiver lid, and the wire for the power switch is just a bit to short to reach with the esc flipped and the lid in stock position. Honestly If could solder i was just cut the cap pack out, run the wires backwards along side the esc then solder the cap pack in behind the esc.

Edit: Made a change to setup, esc flipped backwards, receiver lid on the stock way, moved the power switch to and unused screw hole using stock screw, as seen in pic. Can easily reach under side of body with it clipped on to turn on car.

Attachments

• 20190618_062841.jpg
    20190618_062841.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Edit: Made a change to setup, esc flipped backwards, receiver lid on the stock way, moved the power switch to and unused screw hole using stock screw, as seen in pic. Can easily reach under side of body with it clipped on to turn on car.
Perfect! (y)(y)(y)

When a manufacturer provides capacitors with an esc out of the factory, they’re usually doing it to hide an issue. Very important part on the esc.
Wasn't that one of the first fixes for the esc that kept bursting into flames on the XMaxx? Didn't they sent you a battery lead with a cap pack in it?

Wasn't that one of the first fixes for the esc that kept bursting into flames on the XMaxx? Didn't they sent you a battery lead with a cap pack in it?
Nah, they put in a fusable link, so when it caught on fire, it would go out pretty quick ??

Oh and in true Traxxas style it’s been widely reported that the fusable link usually fails to break so it doesn’t help at all LMAO

Last edited:
There is no hole for the screw that holds the power switch down on the other side of the receiver lid, and the wire for the power switch is just a bit to short to reach with the esc flipped and the lid in stock position. Honestly If could solder i was just cut the cap pack out, run the wires backwards along side the esc then solder the cap pack in behind the esc.

You can screw the esc on the chassis in between the receiver box and motor - thats what I did on my 2018 typhon. Btw, has anyone tried fitting the 4s blx system and metal gear spur on the typhon? that setup should fly!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back