Outcast 2019 Christmas haul...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Got a few upgrades for the outcast from my wife for Christmas.
Hobbywing Max6 ESC
M2C Rear tower brace
M2C shock stand offs
HR Diff cup, guess I'll use that if the arrma ones give me further issues. Not sure why I still had that on the list. lol!

She got me an integy center skid plate/cap/thingy that would add a lot of rigidity to the chassis of my ERBEv2, also some Knipex needle nose, dykes and channel locks as well as a couple MIP ball ends, 2mm and 2.5mm. The knipex aren't anything too crazy, but far better than the bargain bucket stuff they replaced.
2019-1225-ChristmasGifts.jpg

Not sure why I didn't put the max6 in the pile before taking a photo... she forgot about the tools until the next day and found them wrapped up behind where we had the presents piled up that we got each other.

I kind of flubbed the install of the max6, got excited and did it late Christmas night around 1:30am. I mounted the stupid thing to the stock esc plate about 3mm too close to the servo, so it wouldn't bolt up. To move it far enough to redrill new holes would only elongate the existing holes, so I took a dremel to my Armor Werks servo mount and now there's a hair of space between them.
2019-1225-Outcast-Max6-NoSkirtHigh.jpg

2019-1225-Outcast-Max6-Top.jpg

2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-escSide.jpg

You can see the M2C upgrades in those as well. Drilling out the holes for the stand offs wasn't much of an issue with the included bit, but drilling through the titanium towers with the included 3mm bit was a pain. The included bit would barely make a dent. Then I remembered I bought a decent set of mm bits off amazon a while back and they went through it pretty easily. However, the M2C tower brace does not take into account the thickness of the RPM wing mount... so I had to dremel the wing mount so they would come down against the tower properly.
2019-1225-Outcast-M2CRearTowerBrace-RPMWingMount-Cut02.jpg

2019-1225-Outcast-M2CRearTowerBrace-RPMWingMount-Cut01.jpg

I increased the pinion from a 13T to 14T and I kept the cap pack in place and wired it in as well. Not sure it's overly necessary, but I took the time to make it for the BLX185, so may as well use it. In my haste, I also soldered the wrong plugs on the esc... that was frustrating. I really need to stop RC work after midnight as it always goes down the drain in a hurry.

I still need to install the chassis skid on the ERBEv2... but I may leave it off for now as it's winter and it likely won't see a lot of big air again until spring.

Last edited:
The HR center diff Alloy cup will benefit you at the Center diff. Lowering the diff temps. Nice rig.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back