20t pinon!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a 20t pinon fit without mod to the engine mount?
Planning to attempt this tonight. My first attempt ended in a stripped engine mount screw. Everything seemed to line up by putting the engine rotation screws in the furthest from stock positioning (made for the 21tooth pinion I'm assuming, based on each hole working for an odd increase in pinion size (15-17-19-21). Will try to post pictures tonight after hopefully success.

I'm waiting in mine in the mail. You know I want to know the results on a speed test. I think u will be the first one to go that big with the pinon
Good stuff. I have done some pretty crazy combos in my other vehicles (up to 26t pinions). Love to push the limits!! The 20 tooth should be a pretty agressive, yet still maintain temps not too dangerous on the ESC and motor. The Arrma vehicles have seemed to run a lot cooler than my Mamba models in my other upgraded pinion vehicles (Axial Yeti XL and HPI Vorza)

Good stuff. I have done some pretty crazy combos in my other vehicles (up to 26t pinions). Love to push the limits!! The 20 tooth should be a pretty agressive, yet still maintain temps not too dangerous on the ESC and motor. The Arrma vehicles have seemed to run a lot cooler than my Mamba models in my other upgraded pinion vehicles (Axial Yeti XL and HPI Vorza)

I'm curiouse to see what the top speed is with the 20t

20 tooth pinion. I'm hoping for mid 60s. Ordered belted tires that should be here Tuesday and then I will do an on board video with the GoPro 5 with the telemetry readings, so I can show the GPS top speed within the video.

20 tooth pinion. I'm hoping for mid 60s. Ordered belted tires that should be here Tuesday and then I will do an on board video with the GoPro 5 with the telemetry readings, so I can show the GPS top speed within the video.
I need more tires. The front ballooned big time. The front right came under glued. Lol

By the way I saw 67 mph with the 17t on youtube

So I ran the car and did a video with a GoPro 5 for the GPS speed and other telemetry..... All to be disappointed!! Only hit 55. Not sure if it's a settings thing or because the tires didn't balloon at all. Fazon with 20 tooth pinion and SMC belted tires. Although the tires are stock diameter the lack of ballooning may account for the lack of top speed. I will try with the stock tires soon and also with the Proline Trenchers that I use on my Axial Yeti XL.

So I ran the car and did a video with a GoPro 5 for the GPS speed and other telemetry..... All to be disappointed!! Only hit 55. Not sure if it's a settings thing or because the tires didn't balloon at all. Fazon with 20 tooth pinion and SMC belted tires. Although the tires are stock diameter the lack of ballooning may account for the lack of top speed. I will try with the stock tires soon and also with the Proline Trenchers that I use on my Axial Yeti XL.

I hit 50 with a 15

I hit 50 with a 15
Yea. Theoretically it should be way higher with the 20 tooth. I'm pretty sure it's the lack of ballooning in my belted tires, but I was blowing off all of my other preglued tires. The larger diameter of the ballooning is definitely enough to make up for the difference I'm experiencing. Now I have reglued the bead on a few sets of tires. We shall see how that does. If not, it's definitely human error on my side and I'm sure I will figure it out. The sound on the video seemed like it was winding out. May put my Futaba system on so I can check RPM telemetry to make sure the engine is performing the way it's supposed to. Unfortunately my huge Axial Yeti XL is faster....which shoukd never be the case.

Did the gear fit tight against the other gear. I just put mine on. Cracked it will tightening it. It fits pretty tight. Haven'tran it yet

Is it just me or does the motor sound like its lacking a gear. Seems like it isn't spinning like it should, a bit low on the pitch. Dunno, could be because of the mic location forward of the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back