2nd attempt at painting “true fire”-infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajag

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
Well...I took another shot at painting flames and it came out a little better this time ..unfortunately I didn’t lay down quite enough green so the flames came out yellowish instead of bright green..oh well
Last time I laid down too much green

my 3rd attempt should be better..lol

what do you think?

5F2AECF9-F4E4-47C2-B8C6-167E09F684E4.jpeg

3B39DD38-F557-4BB2-AD03-6794ABC6E50F.jpeg

118F4B34-1C62-4762-9BF1-090CD72C8149.jpeg

50912AF5-4AD2-451A-B600-1D885EFA97AF.jpeg

100DCB44-AC5D-472F-A811-48C411350C2B.jpeg

7327A67F-78C0-4634-AB89-3C069BE278AA.jpeg

FD2E3D27-E05F-49AB-81A5-2F4E12CFCE9F.jpeg

Looks way better than anything I could ever do. That would probably take me like 20 attempts to even look close to that :ROFLMAO:
Nailed it looks killer.
Thanks guys
I’m still an attempt or 2 away from getting it exactly where I want it
I appreciate the positive feedback though !

That's sick...hands down...bad a$$! Great work!!
Thanks

I’m not loving it myself so I think I’m going to let this one go

if anyone is interested I’ll let it go for the cost of the body and paint

My honest opinion, it looks ok, know you can do better with more practice. Realize this is your 2nd attempt with flames. Your regular method is awesome, have that down.

My honest opinion, it looks ok, know you can do better with more practice. Realize this is your 2nd attempt with flames. Your regular method is awesome, have that down.
Yeah
I totally agree
I like learning new methods so I can’t give up til I’ve mastered something
I appreciate the honest feedback
Motivates me to do better
Thanks armadillo!

Yeah
I totally agree
I like learning new methods so I can’t give up til I’ve mastered something
I appreciate the honest feedback
Motivates me to do better
Thanks armadillo!
@Ajag I've been collecting bodies for a long time, really appreciate fine looking shells, have so many that I had to stop. There was a guy on Ebay that's been painting for years, his name there was dsloomer I believe, just discovered recently he's still there.

Anyway, he's awesome with tru fire, flames, smoke, web, galaxy, just about anything, but never quite seen one with the method you posted so far.

@Ajag I've been collecting bodies for a long time, really appreciate fine looking shells, have so many that I had to stop. There was a guy on Ebay that's been painting for years, his name there was dsloomer I believe, just discovered recently he's still there.

Anyway, he's awesome with tru fire, flames, smoke, web, galaxy, just about anything, but never quite seen one with the method you posted so far.
Yeah
Flames /fire etc has been done a million times
Someone here asked me if I could do a flame body a few weeks ago so i wanted to see if I could do it. The previous bodies I’ve posted are done with a method of hydro dipping that I’ve never seen anyone else do so I think that’s why they look a little different than anything else I’ve seen.

I really just like learning new styles and methods but I should probably stick with what I know works:)

I really just like learning new styles and methods but I should probably stick with what I know works
Nothing wrong with learning new methods, practice makes perfect, right ?

I definitely want you to do one for me one day, just have to figure out what and when. I love your style, especially the red/black Infraction and orange/black Felony, then throw in some skulls and graveyard scenes, and that makes for a hard decision ?.

Looks good bud! I had the same exact issue with the green flames looking yellowish when I practiced it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back