Kraton 2nd hand just bash it 6mm chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
Soo..after my last chrash pretty much the hole front end was toast....now i stumbled upon this 2nd hand JBIRC 6mm chassis...
The seller says its in good condition and want 90 euro for it...

Now is my qestion too you guys what do you think of it?
Is it worth the 90 euro? Of better to spend a little more and buy a new one?

Thnx

Attachments

• $_84 (2).jpeg
    $_84 (2).jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 95
  • $_84 (1).jpeg
    $_84 (1).jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 58
  • $_84.jpeg
    $_84.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 55
Soo..after my last chrash pretty much the hole front end was toast....now i stumbled upon this 2nd hand JBIRC 6mm chassis...
The seller says its in good condition and want 90 euro for it...

Now is my qestion too you guys what do you think of it?
Is it worth the 90 euro? Of better to spend a little more and buy a new one?

Thnx
How many Euros is a new one? If the chassis is straight, then the scuffs mean nothing. Just note that you cannot run stock side guards with this chassis, and it is quite heavy.

How many Euros is a new one? If the chassis is straight, then the scuffs mean nothing. Just note that you cannot run stock side guards with this chassis, and it is quite heavy.
From what i see the new one is 140 dollar so thats about 130 euro i think....hmm might be smart then to buy a new one..
Do the side guard make that big of a diffrence? Looks like the chassis had a high side wall aswell...but im all new too this chassis so no idea hahha

In my bookthe m2c chassi is i think 4mm thick? But 7075 alluminum who can flex a lot without getting permenantly bend but the chassi you want to buy is going to be rock solid idk but for me that seems to be not a good thing

Last edited:
From what i see the new one is 140 dollar so thats about 130 euro i think....hmm might be smart then to buy a new one..
Do the side guard make that big of a diffrence? Looks like the chassis had a high side wall aswell...but im all new too this chassis so no idea hahha
That small lip is not nearly as effective as the side guards at keeping dirt and debris out. As mentioned there are other new chassis options for the 6s now, so worth looking in to. I think even Just Bash It might have a 7075 aluminum option. There is also M2C Racing and Scorched Rc you want to review.

Little update i picked up the JBIRC chassis swapped everything over and here is the result...im really liking the 'tanky' factor now.. i kinda want the shocktowers too ? but im happy for now. Lets see how long till something else breaks or bends haha

Attachments

• 15823167630438779727026771203916.jpg
    15823167630438779727026771203916.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 15823168741317435906976125593955.jpg
    15823168741317435906976125593955.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 42
Little update i picked up the JBIRC chassis swapped everything over and here is the result...im really liking the 'tanky' factor now.. i kinda want the shocktowers too ? but im happy for now. Lets see how long till something else breaks or bends haha
The area on the chassis in front of the rear diff is wider on the JBI chassis compared to stock. You should have more difficulty bending this one if you can at all! Keep us posted. I just installed a JBI chassis on my Typhon and like you say it looks as tough as a tank. I did have a little issue fitting the front end on like the bend at the front of the chassis was slightly too much. I needed to dremel 2mm out of the lower rear front hinge pin to get it to fit. But that was my only issue. I love this thing.

Attachments

• Typhon.jpg
    Typhon.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 34
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back