2nd run, servo stripped, what's a high end replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synack

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Literally got my V3 Talion yesterday and 2nd run the servo went out. I expected this soon but not this soon. Oh well.

I've done some research on replacements but most of what I've seen are middle of the road solutions.

What is one of the best servo upgrades that I can get so that I can avoid this being a problem again anytime soon?

I run the JX CLS-HV7346MG 46kg in my x-bug x-maxx also (y)

I'll second the savox 1210sg. Waterproof, good speed and torque, good gears inside, coreless, digital, and can be run at higher voltage should you choose to add a bec for better performance. Has a lot of pros to it. Yes it's pricey but you know how the saying goes: "buy cheap, buy twice."

https://www.savoxusa.com/products/savsw1210sg-waterproof-coreless-digital

I got this on Amazon Prime. Thanks for the advice.

Does this need a servo saver or is that only plastic geared servos?

It works with the arrma servo horn and your servo saver is built into your steering post. Knurled nut with a spring.

So everything is already built into the vehicle? If so, I wonder why the servo saver didn't save the servo, lol.

So everything is already built into the vehicle? If so, I wonder why the servo saver didn't save the servo, lol.
Because the stock ones have a tendency to fail. Some don't have issues with them. Mine in my outcast broke before I made the first turn in my parking lot the night I bought it.

Funny story, I got ambitious and completely disassembled everything including the servo to find out that the servo has metal gears and they were fine.

Turns out the metal factory servo horn is stripped. I'm honestly surprised that a metal piece like that would only last for 2 hours from the factory.

Are there any stronger servo horns out there?

Hot racing do a servo horn, but honestly you will need a new servo anyway.

Funny story, I got ambitious and completely disassembled everything including the servo to find out that the servo has metal gears and they were fine.

Turns out the metal factory servo horn is stripped. I'm honestly surprised that a metal piece like that would only last for 2 hours from the factory.

Are there any stronger servo horns out there?
I took mine apart as well and didn't see anything wrong with it, yet it made awful noises and didn't turn the wheels when put back together.

I took mine apart as well and didn't see anything wrong with it, yet it made awful noises and didn't turn the wheels when put back together.

That's where I'm at as well. Put a new servo horn on there and the servo now acts like it's stripped even though I visually saw that it looked to be ok.

I had just bought the Talion 9 days ago played it on the track and around my yard. Was turning to the right when it kept going in that direction. So I went to take a look and heard the grinding and some other ungodly noises and I new it was my servo going after 8 days ran 3 batteries through it and it dies. I sent a warranty claim hope they fix the problem.

When I had my Talion v1, I put a protec 150t servo in it. Strong, and silly fast.

My stock Talikn servo wore out one of the middle brass gears. The teeth on that gear were tiny, and you had to look close to see they were all shark-toothed bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back