2S lipo capacity for servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrashBoom

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
I picked up a Promodeler servo that I want to run off a separate 2S lipo pack. Anyone else doing something similar? I'm wondering what capacity batteries to get that would last maybe 45-60 mins of running. No load current on this servo is 420ma and stall current is 5a. I'm thinking something in the 2000mah range would be plenty?

Promodeler sells a kit with a small 2s Li-ion battery and a rx by-pass harness for around $35-40, that's what I use, works well

Promodeler sells a kit with a small 2s Li-on battery and a rx by-pass harness for around $35-40, that's what I use, works well

What's the capacity of yours, and do you know roughly how long it lasts?

Either 2000 or 2200, I'll look when I get home in a few.. had to charge it every 2nd or 3rd set of truck batts, depending on how I was driving... curious, why are you going this route instead of through the esc or a bec?

Either 2000 or 2200, I'll look when I get home in a few.. had to charge it every 2nd or 3rd set of truck batts, depending on how I was driving... curious, why are you going this route instead of through the esc or a bec?

Cool thanks, that's close enough. Cleaner power and I don't want to risk an expensive servo on a BEC. It's for my "showcase" build with an MT410 so I'm pulling out all the stops to make it classy :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back