Senton 2S Senton Mega pinion upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnellForceOns

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
First time RC owner:

Will the Arrma 27T pinion gear work in my stock Senton Mega? I am running 2S batteries but besides that everything is stock.

I pulled the motor assembly out and saw that the housing has mounting holes for the motor marked “27T” but just want to make sure before I order it and mess anything up.

If it will fit, should I upgrade the spur gear while I’m in there? Thanks for any help!

First time RC owner:

Will the Arrma 27T pinion gear work in my stock Senton Mega? I am running 2S batteries but besides that everything is stock.

I pulled the motor assembly out and saw that the housing has mounting holes for the motor marked “27T” but just want to make sure before I order it and mess anything up.

If it will fit, should I upgrade the spur gear while I’m in there? Thanks for any help!
Yes the 27T is the largest pinion you can run without modifying the power module.

I really like the steel spur from the 4S if you are staying with a 57T.

Awesome. Should I change to a different tooth count on spur? Just trying to maximize speed with what I’ve got before messing with motors or esc. Thanks again for helping.

Oh sorry I just realized you have the Mega version. I am trying to keep up while watching football. I’m not sure you want to gear up the Mega unless you go brushless. The brushed motor will burn up easily.

Oh sorry I just realized you have the Mega version. I am trying to keep up while watching football. I’m not sure you want to gear up the Mega unless you go brushless. The brushed motor will burn up easily.

Oh no worries. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade motor and esc. Have to start researching a good brushless setup for 2S. (Keeping 2S bc my young son drives the car too but he can handle just a little more... and I’ve got $200 invested into 2S batteries as well.).

Any recommendations?

Oh no worries. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade motor and esc. Have to start researching a good brushless setup for 2S. (Keeping 2S bc my young son drives the car too but he can handle just a little more... and I’ve got $200 invested into 2S batteries as well.).

Any recommendations?
The Arrma 3S setup would be a good choice, but to be honest, by the time you buy all the gears, motor, and ESC, you are almost the cost of a second truck. Unless you have good reason to put that much money into your existing truck, I would highly recommend just buying the 3S version and keep running it on 2S. You will have two rigs so you both can run together. You also have a backup in case one breaks.

Any recommendations?

As @jondilly1974 said you could be headed down a rabbit hole with cost when upgrading a Mega. But with around $40 dollars more or less could just get a Goolrc, Racerstar, Surpass Hobby etc. brushless combo and get more speed. The escs can be hit and miss though. The rear input also has been known to fail with brushless but $4.99 you can get the 17t HD input. It really just depends on the power and how hard you want to push a Mega that you may or not have to go all BLX brushless parts. Honestly on 2s you should have no problems (except maybe the rear diff input) on whatever brushless motor you could put in it.

If you go with anything more than cheap combo might as well go with buying a BLX.

For the mega truck the maximum engine should be 3650 3500 kv with 60 amp esc. Use the senton stock 48dp gear.

The only part you need to upgrade is the aluminum slipper pad from hot racing. After if you want it is possible to upgrade the rear input gear for the hd input gear

In 2s it will be very great

For the mega truck the maximum engine should be 3650 3500 kv with 60 amp esc. Use the senton stock 48dp gear.

The only part you need to upgrade is the aluminum slipper pad from hot racing. After if you want it is possible to upgrade the rear input gear for the hd input gear

Is upgrading the slipper pad a must or can the clutch just be tightened a bit?

Last edited:
Is upgrading the slipper pad a must or can the clutch just be tightened a bit?
You can tighten it, but don’t over do it. Too tight and you will pop u-joints in the outer driveshafts

In the case you have the MEGA clutch it is required.
No it's not. I run stock clutch with 4300kv motor and 60a esc and the stock clutch is holding up fine, only had it slip once when I accidentally hit the ground at full throttle from a jump, hasn't slipped since. Have not changed anything else in the drive train, very little needs to be done except maybe stiffening the shocks up...

We have fitted the 60a brushless system to the mega and so far so good. Mega clutch is holding up but time will tell. We did upgrade the diff pinion input though.

No it's not. I run stock clutch with 4300kv motor and 60a esc and the stock clutch is holding up fine, only had it slip once when I accidentally hit the ground at full throttle from a jump, hasn't slipped since. Have not changed anything else in the drive train, very little needs to be done except maybe stiffening the shocks up...
Those diff inputs will shear off at some point. Really should get the HD inputs.

Those diff inputs will shear off at some point. Really should get the HD inputs.
Most of the issues with that seem to happen with too much power and the OP said their using 2s... I've been running 3s without sign of wear...that said, I do have the parts on hand when/if it does happen. I believe if I were to move to 4s it'd break for sure but if you stick to 2 or 3s it'll be fine and I am hard on my RC's...

My mega granite was on the street. Each time I am using full power to do wheelies I can ear the clutch spinning. I install the metal disk to stop spinning the clutch when I want to do whellies on the road. I am using 2S lihv 6000 mahH 120C from motiv .

Since It is not a problem for all members you can try it and customize to your need.?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back