Senton 2s speed if anyone is interested.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmcbryar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Everyone wants 3s+ in their Senton. I am happy for now on 2s. The track I like only allows 2s and I have a feeling I won't break so much stuff.

Finally did a speed run today. Using a cell phone speed app.

Stock 3s Senton blx ran 36mph on 2s.

Senton mega with a goolrc 3660 3800kv running a 24t pinion 91t spur it managed 27mph.

Really close to calculated speeds. I charged the battery to 4.2 per cell for each run.

Calculated with 4.1 nominal voltage and I added 0.5v drop under load. The blx calculated to 35mph so 1mph slow. Goolrc calculated 30mph, so 3mph high.

Blx is near new. No idea the age of the mega.

Funny the mega feels a little slow, but the blx is hard to control under full throttle.

I did a speed run with my granite 3s BLX. Zip tied my phone to the bed of the truck and hit 32.5 mph. Running a Zeee 2S 5200 50c LiPo.

Attachments

• 895091B5-50DD-4797-A0C8-35A765DE4DC9.jpeg
    895091B5-50DD-4797-A0C8-35A765DE4DC9.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 42
2s is pretty impressive in my opionion! I got my 6 year old a granite for xmas this year. I thought 2s would be the better choice for him (its been 13+ years since ive been into the RC hobby) and was I surprised! 2s is way too fast for him. the first 2-3 monutes on a fully charged 2s battery is just insane with this granite! cant keep the front end from staying planted. wide open feels pretty fast. we are super excited to give 3s a try. but I agree with you on the fact that 2s might be the better choice for less broken parts.

2s is pretty impressive in my opionion! I got my 6 year old a granite for xmas this year. I thought 2s would be the better choice for him (its been 13+ years since ive been into the RC hobby) and was I surprised! 2s is way too fast for him. the first 2-3 monutes on a fully charged 2s battery is just insane with this granite! cant keep the front end from staying planted. wide open feels pretty fast. we are super excited to give 3s a try. but I agree with you on the fact that 2s might be the better choice for less broken parts.
That’s my dilemma. Since this is my first RC I only bought 1 battery (didn’t want to spend too much if I wasn’t going to be into it). But now I’m debating do I buy another 2s or just jump up to the 3s. I get a decent amount of run time from the battery.

I had that issue too... buy a 3s or 2s? Right nkw we have three 2s batteries. We can rip on the truck for a little over an hour. My boy really wants the “fast battery” he calls it. I’m going to buy a two pack of gens-ace-r-spam 3s lipos on eBay for his birthday

Yea I think I will just got one or two more 2s batteries for now, until I really get used to handling the truck. Then I’ll step up to 3s. Amazon has a 2 pack of the battery I have now for only $47 so I’m thinking the 3 of them should get me well over an hour of drive time.

Doing the speed test, 27mph was fine. Felt ok, I think 30-32ish would be good. My road is half froze, running 36mph was a little difficult with the limited space.

On the track it was almost too fast, front end sitting way up on the straights.

Now for backyard bashing I think 3s would be fun. But depending on where you run 2s can be great. I run my dog around the backyard on 2s and that works pretty well.

That’s my dilemma. Since this is my first RC I only bought 1 battery (didn’t want to spend too much if I wasn’t going to be into it). But now I’m debating do I buy another 2s or just jump up to the 3s. I get a decent amount of run time from the battery.
NVM I read the date wrong, I’m sure they’ve made the decision by now?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back