Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2s versus 3s lipo

Discussion in 'Granite 2WD' started by romeonejc, Dec 15, 2015.

1. romeonejc

romeonejc Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    So I upgraded my son's esc and brushed to brush less. Don't want to burn anything out. Should I get 2s or 3s? Any upside or down side for both? Thanks in advance!

2. ajdragon

ajdragon Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Raider
    Hi

2s should be perfect, 3s if you want to do the 60mph stuff and other extreme stuff.

3. romeonejc

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Would the 3s burn anything out?

Blxer likes this.
  4. Blxer

Blxer Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    @romeonejc, 3s lipo can and will burn stuff up. Gear mesh and proper spur n pinion gear ratio will help prevent burning things up. Also make sure the motor and esc are both rated for 3s lipo. Setting the slipper clutch properly will help save the drive train, as well as turning down the punch on esc (if esc has that option).
    Hope this helps.

5. romeonejc

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    @Blxer thanks for the info!

Blxer likes this.
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer