Infraction 2WD driftcar build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatManRayRay

Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm planning on building a 2WD drift car and thinking of using an infraction, any advice from anyone who's already been down this road on how to convert from 4WD to 2WD? And if the results are worth it?!

Wondering if best to keep a rear diff and put heavy oil in to limit slip or lock it up with a fixed spool?

Wondering if infraction will have enough steering lock to cope with RWD drift angles , will probably have to fit quicker servo and my own gyro, or will standard arrma AVC cope?

Peace to all RC dudes

Does
Infraction have locked centre spool as standard or is that an option part? Have you drove a 2WD infraction? Whats it like?
Infractions have a center diff; you'll have to get a center spool from a Limitless or make your own (they're relatively simple and there are some good YouTube videos on it). I've never seen a 2WD Infraction but it could be really cool! I wonder what tires you'll need to get the slip/grip just right. Either way, with all power going to the rear, you'll be able to easily smoke tires with the right power system!

Does
Infraction have locked centre spool as standard or is that an option part? Have you drove a 2WD infraction? Whats it like?

It would be an option part. The infraction comes with a 46T center diff , the limitless comes with the spool. ??

Infractions have a center diff; you'll have to get a center spool from a Limitless or make your own (they're relatively simple and there are some good YouTube videos on it). I've never seen a 2WD Infraction but it could be really cool! I wonder what tires you'll need to get the slip/grip just right. Either way, with all power going to the rear, you'll be able to easily smoke tires with the right power system!
To be honest I think with the right power system there would be no need for 2wd cause the infraction already drifts great in its 4wd config..

It would be an option part. The infraction comes with a 46T center diff , the limitless comes with the spool. ??

To be honest I think with the right power system there would be no need for 2wd cause the infraction already drifts great in its 4wd config..
Yeah but to me 4WD drifting isn't the same as 2WD, doesn't handle anywhere near as nicely or realistically as 2WD and not as much fun. Probably a personnel preference thing ive got 2WD yokomo drift car (1/10 carpet machine) and love it to bits just trying to create a big outdoor version of that really

Yeah but to me 4WD drifting isn't the same as 2WD, doesn't handle anywhere near as nicely or realistically as 2WD and not as much fun. Probably a personnel preference thing ive got 2WD yokomo drift car (1/10 carpet machine) and love it to bits just trying to create a big outdoor version of that really
Fair enough ??

I am a fan of scorched parts as it goes, just rebuilding my tallion atm using a SP Ti chassis and towers

Locked rear diff would be a right tyre shredder!

Think if make an infraction 2WD drift espcially with solid back axle would need to find some tyres that slide quite easily, eg not hoons or grippy tarmac tyres, something cheap and hardwearing that lasted a while be nice
must admit they do look sexy as hell with the Ti drive shafts!!

1595423148386.png

Think I'm having a gentleman's moment....
Sniff my diff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back