Granite 2wd Granite Tire Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCGrunt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Hey all, I'm pretty green to the whole land based RC world. I started with the Granite Voltage last month. I've been looking at tires lately, mostly because they look cool.

Do different tires really alter my truck's performance enough to notice?
Would I notice any benefit for paying $50-$75 for a set of four?

I've been looking at the Pro-line Badlands, Duratrax Six-Pack, and Pro-line Swamper. I recently read a thread mentioning Pro-line Trencher for the 4x4 Granite, so I checked those out. I think they also look cool. I have been driving in short grass, dirt, mud, snow, and concrete in case that matters.

Has anyone put any of these tires on their 2wd Granite?
Does anyone have any other recommendations to look at?
Should I bother putting new tires on?

There's no guarantee that a new set of shoes will make you or break you, except for your wallet. That's a personal decision. Maybe others can chime in. I don't have a Granite. But I do have like 7 sets of tires for all my 6S rigs. From Mini pins to big and small stuff. Prolines etc. They all drive differently. Some tires are heavier than others. Etc. And taller tires bring up the CG.

The stock Voltage Granite tires have pretty shallow tread, they are more of a road tires than off-road, you'll see huge increase in traction on off-road if you'll change them to the tires you mentioned.

One benefit of the stock tires is that they are fairly light weight, so moving to a heavier tires will effect your motor temps and you'd trash more diff output cups. I would check the weight of all the option and choose the lightest.

A good alternative to the tires you mentioned is the 4x4 Granite tire. you're have crazy traction off-road with it and you can get it for 40$ at Jenny's (you might have to wait few days for it to re-stock). One issue with this option is that the hex is 14mm and not 12mm, I fixed it with an insert I made and 3d printed, you can get it here, it works great.

The stock Voltage Granite tires have pretty shallow tread, they are more of a road tires than off-road, you'll see huge increase in traction on off-road if you'll change them to the tires you mentioned.

One benefit of the stock tires is that they are fairly light weight, so moving to a heavier tires will effect your motor temps and you'd trash more diff output cups. I would check the weight of all the option and choose the lightest.

A good alternative to the tires you mentioned is the 4x4 Granite tire. you're have crazy traction off-road with it and you can get it for 40$ at Jenny's (you might have to wait few days for it to re-stock). One issue with this option is that the hex is 14mm and not 12mm, I fixed it with an insert I made and 3d printed, you can get it here, it works great.
Hey all, I'm pretty green to the whole land based RC world. I started with the Granite Voltage last month. I've been looking at tires lately, mostly because they look cool.

Do different tires really alter my truck's performance enough to notice?
Would I notice any benefit for paying $50-$75 for a set of four?

I've been looking at the Pro-line Badlands, Duratrax Six-Pack, and Pro-line Swamper. I recently read a thread mentioning Pro-line Trencher for the 4x4 Granite, so I checked those out. I think they also look cool. I have been driving in short grass, dirt, mud, snow, and concrete in case that matters.

Has anyone put any of these tires on their 2wd Granite?
Does anyone have any other recommendations to look at?
Should I bother putting new tires on?
Put a new set of Duratrax on my sons Granite Voltage. The stock tires are great, but like other have mentioned the tread is shallow and wears out quickly.
Put a new set of Duratrax on my sons Granite Voltage. The stock tires are great, but like other have mentioned the tread is shallow and wears out quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back