2wd platform How long is the blx motor shaft Diameter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Changing my mind, will get a castl system, but those castles run 4mm bullets, and the stock arrma runs 3.5mm bullets, I am unsure about this because I have not done anything to the motor and esc yet. Any help would help

Thanks

A system means usually a combo of motor + ESC. So those bullets will be included.

Otherwise you have to use a soldering iron.
Oh yes, but 3.5 bullets don't fit 4mm bullets, will get a castle, but unsure if the motors shaft will fit I'm thinking 5mm shaft will fit

Oh yes, but 3.5 bullets don't fit 4mm bullets, will get a castle, but unsure if the motors shaft will fit I'm thinking 5mm shaft will fit

Exactly!
But you confuse me. Bullets are the electric connectors between the ESC and the motor.

The topic title refers to the shaft diameter.

Arrma Mega, BLS, and BLX(1/10th scale) use a motor shaft diameter of approx. 3,2mm diameter.

Some 1/10th scale motors use a 5,0mm version. Luckily you can buy aftermarket motor pinions, which will fit the 5,0mm shafts.

First sort out the ratio of your spur gear: either 48p (mega, BLS) or 32p (BLX)

Exactly!
But you confuse me. Bullets are the electric connectors between the ESC and the motor.

The topic title refers to the shaft diameter.

Arrma Mega, BLS, and BLX(1/10th scale) use a motor shaft diameter of approx. 3,2mm diameter.

Some 1/10th scale motors use a 5,0mm version. Luckily you can buy aftermarket motor pinions, which will fit the 5,0mm shafts.

First sort out the ratio of your spur gear: either 48p (mega, BLS) or 32p (BLX)
Ok, running stock gearing so 32p castle gives a 3mm shaft and/or a 5mm, which one would be best for me (I don't even know anything about this or if they even fit the stock gearing) on that note, sorry for confusing you lol I hardly know what I'm saying :oops:

You seem to be getting several things mixed up here. If you are running stock gearing,then that is 48dp,which applies to the tooth form of the gears( fine pitch), 32dp is a coarser pitch,which is the upgraded gearing for a Fury.

Next,when referring to the motor shaft,most 1/10th scale motors use a 3.2mm shaft,though the Castle 1/10th/1/8th motor uses a 5mm shaft,this would require you to have to source a 48dp pinion that fits a 5mm shaft,(not something that I can remember ever seeing),or you make sure that the Castle motor that you buy has a 3.2mm shaft which will take your current pinion.

Bullets:- These are the connection fittings between the motor and the esc. The Arrma esc uses 3.5mm bullet connectors,so if the Castle motor uses 4mm bullets,then you will need to either change your esc to a Castle one,or as Unusual says,change the bullet connectors on the Arrma esc from 3.5mm to 4mm ones.
Personally I would recommend upgrading your esc to the Castle one.

Hope this helps you understand it a bit better justatree.

Last edited:
And?

Did you install this?
After one lipo pack my Tenshock EX-4 120A just went up in smoke, a few weeks after the warranty ended :(

So I do not trust the brushless motor anymore, so I want a full upgrade.

My 3 year old BLX combo is still going very strong, no issues.

My main concern of the Castle combo is it's 5,0V BEC. Is this really true?
This will slow down my servo I am afraid..
Searched this issue on the net, and it seams with a Savox servo like I use, i should install a separate BEC...

And?

Did you install this?
After one lipo pack my Tenshock EX-4 120A just went up in smoke, a few weeks after the warranty ended :(

So I do not trust the brushless motor anymore, so I want a full upgrade.

My 3 year old BLX combo is still going very strong, no issues.

My main concern of the Castle combo is it's 5,0V BEC. Is this really true?
This will slow down my servo I am afraid..
Searched this issue on the net, and it seams with a Savox servo like I use, i should install a separate BEC...
Not sure since mine is stock and still a noob haha, I did install it and i have to say the max you can run on it is 2s lipo instead of 3s like stock Blx. It is reliable but I am not sure about BEC

Thanks for the update, @justatree!

I found this issue on many other forums unfortunately.
Castle ESC's seem to have relatively low capacity BEC systems. They are also linear, which means the higher the input voltage, the lower the maximum current possible.

So this would mean a separate BEC voltage regulator, which - at least from Castle - is not waterproof.

cc_bec_wiring_diagram.jpg

This means soldering and you need a third free receiver channel to plug it in.
After my experience with a high voltage circuit I will stick with simplicity, which is not this solution :(

This means Castle as an option exit for me...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back