Granite 2wd Voltage ‘easy ‘2s battery install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Someone on here asked a week or so back what’s the best way to put a battery in to the Vlotage. I said I would take pictures and respond but I forgot. I remembered this morning. Below is my daughters voltage. Originally I had upgraded it to brushless but brushless is hard on these cars. So I put in the full mega electronics from my granite that I had converted to brushless.

The voltage comes with a goofy battery holder which at first is a pain to use. But it needs to be used because it is an integral part of the chassis support.

Using a 5200mah 2s hard case lipo, the battery just fits into the battery holder. My battery had one of those plastic protective attachments on the balance lead which prevented it from fitting through a small hole on the other side of the chassis, so I removed it.

I take the balance wire and stretch it out and curve it upwards. When putting the battery/holder assembly into the car be careful to put it in correctly. One side of the battery holder is set up to go all the way into the chassis while the other side of the holder has stops on it. If you put it in the wrong way it won’t go all the way in.

When putting in the battery I do it carefully so that the curved Balance lead and ends up at the small slot on the other side of the chassis. Sometime it treads through on it’s own, other times I have to use a pair of tweezers to grab it and pull it through. The reason you have to pull the balance lead through that hole is that the battery/holder will not fit all the way into the chassis with the balance lead in it.

I have it set on nimh mode because the ESC has an LVC set at 3.8 (one of those Arrma mistakes), So I have a lipo alarm attached next to where the balance lead comes out so I can plug it in.

On the battery lead I just use the slot on the right hand side of the battery compartment door. At first it takes some fiddling to get all this right, but once you do it a few times it’s easy.

I forgot how much I’ve enjoyed this car! This is the first body that I painted. I used that spaz Color changing paint and I love it. On the front I have ZD shocks. I had ZD shocks on the rear also but they’re just a bit short and soft. The 85mm(?) front vorteks stock shocks are perfect though.

2C589220-810C-496D-A870-CB44D079C119.jpeg

A4B078ED-7E35-44B4-B7C5-AB09CA2DFEB8.jpeg

870D3B47-4BC6-4792-843B-2AD7C6C9634F.jpeg

0856D4A9-855E-4AB9-9FF6-38606406F91A.jpeg

EAB2FD39-6D2B-4FA0-9C17-82F8E3613D84.jpeg

08584888-1521-4C96-A604-47521529FC2B.jpeg

9812D987-1CE4-4F7D-B307-DAF75CCBEC05.jpeg

722E9B13-5F07-4568-BAB8-C31EAF272F36.jpeg

E154B7F5-E481-4E34-8C74-0A1E6BDB0A54.jpeg

3AF03AC6-C929-4DAA-859B-AD044FDD5C6C.jpeg

You would only do it once and leave it in there or no room for the balance plug to connect? That would suck 🤪
No room. It’s easy putting the battery in as I described once you do it a few times.

It was me who asked, thanks for taking the time to post. I use hardcase lipos as well but I don't use the battery tray. Tbh I've never tried but maybe I will. I was considering making an extension cable for the esc and run it through the chassis hole then connect it to the battery and pull it back up once the battery is connected. I've got some wire and connectors but haven't had the time to fiddle. I'll look at it all again this week and see what I can come up with. I might end up doing what you do but I also might not. I'll post here when I figure it out.

It was me who asked, thanks for taking the time to post. I use hardcase lipos as well but I don't use the battery tray. Tbh I've never tried but maybe I will. I was considering making an extension cable for the esc and run it through the chassis hole then connect it to the battery and pull it back up once the battery is connected. I've got some wire and connectors but haven't had the time to fiddle. I'll look at it all again this week and see what I can come up with. I might end up doing what you do but I also might not. I'll post here when I figure it out.
The battery holder is part of the support framework for the truck which is why it locks in. It’s a pain at first to use it correctly but after a few times it’s easy.

I wanted to run 2s lipos in the voltage and the only packs I had at the time were hard packs with the removeable battery leads. In order to use the packs I had to drill holes in the chassis to be able to plug in the battery leads. The holes are roughly where the red circles are in the picture (not my truck). Been running it for two years like that this and I've had zero issues with it. Most importantly I didn't have to waste money on different batteries. Got the truck cheap from a friend and never really wanted to spend a lot of money on it.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
That's really cool. What body is that, and how much fiddling did it take to fit it? I've got a new buddy who's got a Voltage he offered to me for $30, but I turned him down because I didn't think it'd be my thing. This is kind of making me reconsider.
Those look cool…but you still have to thread the balance lead thru as there is no room inside the battery area for it. Good idea though.
Although....Wouldn't that allow you to thread the balance extension through the body before you put the battery in, plug it in, then use it to more easily just pull the lead through as you install the battery tray?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back