Granite 2wd Voltage 1day Horizon sale- $99

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Anyone looking for one of these for the kids or just to mess around, you can get them at the old $99 price for one day at Horizon.

I wonder if there’s going to be any RC black Friday deals this year. With everything going on with supplies and demand I am thinking…NO? 🤔

67A91FBA-75ED-4193-A396-632DD0D6BD45.png

To be honest I would spend the extra $40 and just get an Ecx Amp Mt. They can at least be made to handle brushless power.

Yay for inflation ..,. they had a $59.99 sale around black Friday last year which was pretty much a no-brainer...

Voltage_Sale.jpg

To be honest I would spend the extra $40 and just get an Ecx Amp Mt. They can at least be made to handle brushless power.

So you're saying that you're not a buckhoule... :p

I thought $99 was the "normal" price for the Voltage cars?

They do have a few weak points, but I think most of them can be addressed. Good truck for a young kids as a starter RC, but plan on moving to something better if they get hooked, as there are no real upgrades to make them brushless bashable.

I keep waiting on Arrma to make a BL version of this truck - it looks like it was designed for a slipper. Add that, better driveshafts and shocks, and it could be a great 2wd MT.

I thought $99 was the "normal" price for the Voltage cars?

They do have a few weak points, but I think most of them can be addressed. Good truck for a young kids as a starter RC, but plan on moving to something better if they get hooked, as there are no real upgrades to make them brushless bashable.

I keep waiting on Arrma to make a BL version of this truck - it looks like it was designed for a slipper. Add that, better driveshafts and shocks, and it could be a great 2wd MT.
That was the old price before everything went up a few months or whenever back.

Yes, these are true entry-level cars. Barely a step up from Bezgar and other Amazon cheapies. But they’re great for kids and guests who don’t know how to drive, or if your budget is really tight and you don’t want or need a 3S car. Parts are readily available and they are easy to repair with basic tools.

I bought 2 but ended up with three of them. For some reason Amazon sent us one for free. Originally they were for my wife and kid (why spend more on an RC car if you don’t know they’ll even like it) then became my ‘learning cars’ for working on and upgrading RC cars. Now they are for kids and guests. They also come with the Arrma two year warranty, which comes in handy at times for these ‘not quite Arrma tough’ cars.
That was the old price before everything went up a few months or whenever back.

Yes, these are true entry-level cars. Barely a step up from Bezgar and other Amazon cheapies. But they’re great for kids and guests who don’t know how to drive, or if your budget is really tight and you don’t want or need a 3S car. Parts are readily available and they are easy to repair with basic tools.

I bought 2 but ended up with three of them. For some reason Amazon sent us one for free. Originally they were for my wife and kid (why spend more on an RC car if you don’t know they’ll even like it) then became my ‘learning cars’ for working on and upgrading RC cars. Now they are for kids and guests. They also come with the Arrma two year warranty, which comes in handy at times for these ‘not quite Arrma tough’ cars.
The driveshaft are metal and sturdy enough. It’s the drive cups and the differential that are the weakest points.

I thought about it for a couple seconds to grab one for my daughter but remembered it's 2wd and horrible Arrma brushed electronics. As @slick2500 said better off just spending the little bit more for the EXC Amp.

I thought about it for a couple seconds to grab one for my daughter but remembered it's 2wd and horrible Arrma brushed electronics. As @slick2500 said better off just spending the little bit more for the EXC Amp.
I want to get the Amp DB if I buy another ECX.

They key to a happy Voltage owner is knowing the vehicles limits and staying within those limits. Keep it at 2S and do not try to add a brushless setup and you'll be fine. It's tempting to want to make it more powerful but it's simply not designed for it. The ESC will eventually go and you'll strip a few drive cups but other than that it's an excellent starter vehicle and perfect for younger children in my opinion.

That being said $99 is the most I would pay for one. If you factor in the cost of a servo, esc and new radio (all of which will eventually need to be replaced) it's not worth more than $99. It's a cheap way to get into the hobby with a fairly friendly learning curve and can be better than spending $200 up front only to find out the hobby isn't for you. It comes with literally everything you need to get going, including a battery.

I want to get the Amp DB if I buy another ECX.
Recently I have been wanting a 2wd buggy to bash... Something like the Raider XL - bigger than 1/10 that I can run with SCT or 2.8MT tires. I do have my son's old Torment - I suppose I could put a buggy body on it. But it is so worn out I would need to replace most of the suspension to get it controllable. Would be cheaper to buy a new AMP or Torment and just swap my upgrades over. LOL

Recently I have been wanting a 2wd buggy to bash... Something like the Raider XL - bigger than 1/10 that I can run with SCT or 2.8MT tires. I do have my son's old Torment - I suppose I could put a buggy body on it. But it is so worn out I would need to replace most of the suspension to get it controllable. Would be cheaper to buy a new AMP or Torment and just swap my upgrades over. LOL
Yeah you can find customer return ones on eBay for pretty cheap sometimes and all they really need is a servo or something like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back