Felony 3-4 runs in and my rear tires are now racing slicks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Vorteks
First of all. Wow! What a rig! This thing is fun. I've found large wide open parking lots to really open er up. I've had a lot of fun drifting this thing. For me just starting out in the hobby this thing is insane!

I have a few other size, make, brand, and models. Every other one I've broken something. Be it factory defects, or user error.

At least with my experience (which is very limited mind you) the tires are going to be the weak point on this one.

I've adjusted my camber to equalize the wear. And rotated the tires for the same reason.

As I stated in the title, my rears have seen the most abuse. One more than the other.

20210506_223417.jpg

Again this is with rotation and camber adjustment.

Now I know I haven't been easy on them. But I'm curious if there is another tire option that would fit my drive style better? Or if this is just the life I choose lol

I run grp S3 S5 and s7 compound
I'm sorry, I'm very new to all of this

What does all that mean and how are they different from stock?

Edit: like I said I got stock replacements, but I don't see those numbers anywhere.

20210507_001738.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I'm very new to all of this

What does all that mean and how are they different from stock?

Edit: like I said I got stock replacements, but I don't see those numbers anywhere.

View attachment 144244
There is 7 different grp street compound of tires fir different styles of driving.
Just like hoons has 3 types, grp has 7 compounds depends on you really on how you drive
Personally I'd buy 2 sets of something in grp
There is 7 different grp street compound of tires fir different styles of driving.
Just like hoons has 3 types, grp has 7 compounds depends on you really on how you drive
Personally I'd buy 2 sets of something in grp
I street bash/speed run I'd buy every s3/s5 compound out

First of all. Wow! What a rig! This thing is fun. I've found large wide open parking lots to really open er up. I've had a lot of fun drifting this thing. For me just starting out in the hobby this thing is insane!

I have a few other size, make, brand, and models. Every other one I've broken something. Be it factory defects, or user error.

At least with my experience (which is very limited mind you) the tires are going to be the weak point on this one.

I've adjusted my camber to equalize the wear. And rotated the tires for the same reason.

As I stated in the title, my rears have seen the most abuse. One more than the other.

View attachment 144237

Again this is with rotation and camber adjustment.

Now I know I haven't been easy on them. But I'm curious if there is another tire option that would fit my drive style better? Or if this is just the life I choose lol

Happy you enjoyed it...what it is all about....

GRP will not do you much good they only make the front for the Felony, not the larger rear. The site is here if you want to look:
https://www.hobbyheroes.com/collections/grp-tyres

You are a drifter like me....so this will be your normal for tire wear. This is why those with this model buy tires and will do them often. If you throttle heavy which I do as well....money pit. Speed runs guys will get more tire life.

Ha !!
I purchase a new set of 4 hoons every week for my Felony
It is a blast to run
But tires are getting lil pricey!
Seriously considering buying an infraction this weekend for Mother’s Day 😂😂
Congratulations on your acquisition
There is a lot of info about the Felony on this forum !

Happy you enjoyed it...what it is all about....

GRP will not do you much good they only make the front for the Felony, not the larger rear. The site is here if you want to look:
https://www.hobbyheroes.com/collections/grp-tyres

You are a drifter like me....so this will be your normal for tire wear. This is why those with this model buy tires and will do them often. If you throttle heavy which I do as well....money pit. Speed runs guys will get more tire life.
Glad to hear from a fellow Felony runner. So far I'm not big on speed runs, or racing. I just like to go out and have fun with my rigs.
Other than showing off this beast to a few friends I haven't ran it that much since first posting this thread. Although tires aren't very expensive I don't have the cash to throw away on a weekly basis for this thing.

I see you have the Infraction as well? I've been looking at getting one as well. In your opinion which do you like better, Felony or Infraction? Why?
Ha !!
It is a blast to run
I will agree, the Felony is a blast to run. However I can't justify a set of tires every week.
Because of that I'm now only showing this off to friends, and not just drifting it every time I take it out.

I've also been looking at the Infraction. Lemme know if you get one and what you think of it VS the Felony.

Glad to hear from a fellow Felony runner. So far I'm not big on speed runs, or racing. I just like to go out and have fun with my rigs.
Other than showing off this beast to a few friends I haven't ran it that much since first posting this thread. Although tires aren't very expensive I don't have the cash to throw away on a weekly basis for this thing.

I see you have the Infraction as well? I've been looking at getting one as well. In your opinion which do you like better, Felony or Infraction? Why?

I will agree, the Felony is a blast to run. However I can't justify a set of tires every week.
Because of that I'm now only showing this off to friends, and not just drifting it every time I take it out.

I've also been looking at the Infraction. Lemme know if you get one and what you think of it VS the Felony.

Hi...

I do not want to be a hater on the Felony because I did own one. I prefer the Infraction but fact I had a Felony I liked the look of it as well. Easier for me to focus on one rig since they are similar and for me it was easier to dial in the Infraction the way it wanted to run, behave, drift over the Felony. For some with the Felony, this was not a major concern to the level they bash...it was for me.

Ha !!
It is a blast to run
I love power sliding, so I think I'd enjoy a Felony/Infraction. But this is why I will never buy one.

What if I just want to drive in a large oval around a parking lot, no drifting. What tires would suit me best?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back