Big Rock 3/4S BLX Axle Solution?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branson_Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
The thread about Arrmas 3s BLX CVD axles being available/not so available has me thinking about the stock axle weakness again so I thought I'd ask.

Does anyone know of a solution to popping u joints on the stock axles?
Anything at all you remember seeing, even crazy home jobs that were questionable?

Maybe swapping in another brand of 1/10 scale diffs to run dog bone outdrives?

I've searched the interwebs high and low for a couple of weeks and have not found anything.

The thread about Arrmas 3s BLX CVD axles being available/not so available has me thinking about the stock axle weakness again so I thought I'd ask.

Anything at all you remember seeing, even crazy home jobs that were questionable?

I've searched the interwebs high and low for a couple of weeks and have not found anything.
I went through the same thing and decided to just go all out and buy the hot racing ones and I’ve never had to think about it again. If you have the money, I recommend just doing them.

I went through the same thing and decided to just go all out and buy the hot racing ones and I’ve never had to think about it again. If you have the money, I recommend just doing them.
Idk people made a post about the hot racing axles being junk and snaping like a twig?‍♀️

Yes loose your slipper clutch
I kinda ruined my rear driveshafts on my kraton 4s well all of them because i was running them with half turn slipper lossen and specially the rear the holes are stretched but still they never poped out. One turn loose for the 4s trucks is enough about the 3s rigs idk
And i was always running on grass and making wheelies and they still did not pop out?‍♀️ Thats bassicly the worst scenario for any driveshafts

The reason why u-joints pop is your slipper is too tight. I’m running mine on 6S at up to 93mph and they work fine.

Here is my quandary; I'd like to use my BRCC just like I'd drive a lifted 4x4 with big tires and a powerful engine.

I'd like to have, at the least, limited slip differentials so I can get good traction at all four tires. I want to drive over things at relatively slow speed, not rock crawling but more like very spirited trail running with some light crawlerish moments. I want to climb hills. I want to play in the mud now and then (yes, I know that I'll be tearing the truck down after every mud run and cleaning everything as well as buying new bearings sooner) in short, I want to drive my rc just like you would a real 4x4 but more gnarly since it's just... an rc.

I know all about the slipper. It is adjusted fine for driving like you would a smaller, lower powered Kraton. It jumps fine and I land it without popping u-joints. I even pull wheelies on flat ground. IF I run light diff fluid the u-joints are fine.

I understand that I'm weird and wanting to use my BRCC in a way most people don't.

What happens is that filling the differentials with super thick fluid kills the u-joints every time I get one tire even slightly bound up due to my driving. If the slipper is loose enough to save the u-joint all it does is slip.

With heavy diff fluid there is no "sweet spot" for slipper clutch adjustment.

So.... I want to ditch the stock axles for a set up that'll allow me to drive how I'd like to.

If I wanted to drive the BRCC like a Kraton I'd have bought a Kraton.

I really regret buying the BRCC but I'm stuck with it and am trying to make it work.

Yep, a rock rey for example.

I guess you can wait a bit for the metal CVD's to be in stock again, i see that most of the parts are indeed in stock, just not the complete set, you can buy the parts separated or wait a week or two for the set.

Yep, a rock rey for example.

I guess you can wait a bit for the metal CVD's to be in stock again, i see that most of the parts are indeed in stock, just not the complete set, you can buy the parts separated or wait a week or two for the set.

Wow, so these might soon be real? I had written them off as Vaporware...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back