Senton 3.8 Badlands truly TRANSFORM the Senton BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
If you want to fill out the Senton Shell and reset the whole look of this incredible SCT... Go throw on some badlands....I got them for my Fazon and just decided I liked the BigRock wheels & Tires much better on it.

The Senton is my only Arrma where I didn't immediately replace the stock servo and I was happy to see it handles these bad land 3.8s very well. Had to cut the shell quite a bit and elevate the posts to the highest - might look around for some taller ones cause it still rubs here and there. But It plants and just flies. I truly believe this truck will hang with the 1/8 scales - it wheelies and plants and just flies and most importantly - at least on wet concrete - no rolling on turning at speed at all - handling is definitely improved. I ran it on a 4S Graphene 90c Brick and am tempted to try my Zippy 6S brick but will not go there and ruin these wonderful wonderful tires. Will take it onto the grass in the AM....the Outcast arrives tomorrow but its for Olivers Xmas so for now......will be jumping with the jump boards....

Incredibly happy - feel like I have a new truck..It sits right up with the 1/8 scales height wise...

Attachments

• IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 188
Did you have to put any extensions on the hubs to keep the wheels from rubbing on the suspension components or tires from hitting the chassis? Other than the wheels and tires it's still completely stock?

Just took the little bag of extra posts, etc from the fazon. They are a bit taller and I put em in the rear. I lifted up the from posts as high as possible and had to cut the shell. Other than the TBone bumpers front and rear and the dirt guards. Bone stock. Great jumps. Here's another. Great jumps.

Wanted to ask you Julian if your 3.8 Badlands rub front steering knuckles. I got some and they rub badly, especially up front on my Typhon. Just asking, cuz I was pretty sure Senton and Typhon shared same axel hubs and hex's. I'm considering attempting to put Kraton ones on to get more clearance and wider stance.

Wanted to ask you Julian if your 3.8 Badlands rub front steering knuckles. I got some and they rub badly, especially up front on my Typhon. Just asking, cuz I was pretty sure Senton and Typhon shared same axel hubs and hex's. I'm considering attempting to put Kraton ones on to get more clearance and wider stance.
No not at all I adjusted the shocks for highest setting. Preloads up 3/4 or more. Had to significantly cut the body for clearance along with some super high posts I got from Arrma. I think it's in the optional parts. I still am blown away at how differently it behaves especially off road and jumping. One word - planted.

I'm keeping it 4S because I just don't trust them on 6S. I have a wall of ripped tires - pathetic to be honest. I jump it all day - lil tank that thing. When my slash has nightmares... it's a Senton..

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 90
Thanks Julian, glad you're liking them, I've been wanting 3.8 Badlands for a while, can't wait to run them. Supposed to rain next few days, going to service RCs, I'll get the wheels tested while the dirts still nice and sticky for roosting! May need to swap axels/hex's on Typhon or just test them on Outcast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back