Big Rock 3.8 Tires on 3s Electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlurTheLines

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Has anyone run 3.8 tires on the 3s Electronics?

Would gearing down be sufficient or is it going to need more power from the motor?

I have belted 2.8's on my chics BRCC and it runs a tiny warm on stock gear but still fun to drive. 3.8's may start pushing it

You will most likely break axles and eventually rear diffs.i run mine on 4s and I've found out bigger tires are hard on drivetrain.maybe that's why granites blow rear diffs the worst outa 3s lineup.i've blown 4 or 5 with bigger tires an paddles.guess they grip to good.those are 2.8s on senton

Screenshot_20200719-095914_Photos.jpg

Thanks guys. Not sure if it makes a huge difference but I am considering the 3.8 backflip LP from the 4s line.

Thanks guys. Not sure if it makes a huge difference but I am considering the 3.8 backflip LP from the 4s line.

It makes a huge difference, many have tried this and almost all I've seen do this regret it. Even after dropping to a smaller pinion you'll have heat issues, esc cogging, esc cut outs, and even if you can fix those things adding 3.8s will put a lot of strain on everything else like the diffs and driveshafts.

The 4s stock trucks run a lower kv motor (2400kv), a better esc (blx120) and smaller pinion (13T) and they run 3.8s, but even then most people who even have a 4s truck end up going into a 2.8 tire and 15T pinion just to get better handling, reliability, and reduce breakages.

Tl;dr: Run 2.8s and call it a day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back