Typhon 3.8 Tires/Wheels on Typhon..what's needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooTall

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
So I have begun the process of putting 3.8 tires/wheels on my Typhon, I have a set of Copperheads (from Kraton) and some extra spiral diffs for durability, that I would like to use for this.

I tried extenders (the Associated ones, and some longer ones I found on Amazon), but the tires still hit when turning.

My next option, was Kraton hubs, axles etc, but that didn't widen it enough either. I see GPM has some extenders for the Kraton I could try, but not excited about that.

So I think my next option is Kraton/Outcast a-arms also.

My question is do I need to change shocks to use the longer arms? If so, do I need to change the shock towers then also?

I want to stay with the Typhon body, and I don't want to change the towers as much more change and this thing will be an Outcast !! I guess I could call it a TypCast :)

Anybody try this before? @Rich Duperbash Have you tried this?

Thanks
TT

So I have begun the process of putting 3.8 tires/wheels on my Typhon, I have a set of Copperheads (from Kraton) and some extra spiral diffs for durability, that I would like to use for this.

I tried extenders (the Associated ones, and some longer ones I found on Amazon), but the tires still hit when turning.

My next option, was Kraton hubs, axles etc, but that didn't widen it enough either. I see GPM has some extenders for the Kraton I could try, but not excited about that.

So I think my next option is Kraton/Outcast a-arms also.

My question is do I need to change shocks to use the longer arms? If so, do I need to change the shock towers then also?

I want to stay with the Typhon body, and I don't want to change the towers as much more change and this thing will be an Outcast !! I guess I could call it a TypCast :)

Anybody try this before? @Rich Duperbash Have you tried this?

Thanks
TT
I never tried using the Typhon towers with Outcast arms, shocks, links...etc. I imagine it would change the shock angle quite a bit. I ran Badlands 3.8s on my Truggified Typhon before realizing they were simply too big for the platform. Puts a lot of strain on the diffs and suspension. The interchangeable parts with Arrma is pretty awesome though. I'm wondering if the bigger shocks would be long enough to reach the narrower standoffs if using the wider Outcast arms??? Here's a picture of Typhon towers on top of Outcast ones. Front and rear.
IMG_20180228_175102.jpg
IMG_20180228_175022.jpg

Thanks for those pics Rich, I didbt realize they were that diff in size.

Guess, Ill grab some MX28’s an d put the extra cash towards an Outcast or a Kraton.

Thanks

TT

Thanks for those pics Rich, I didbt realize they were that diff in size.

Guess, Ill grab some MX28’s an d put the extra cash towards an Outcast or a Kraton.

Thanks

TT
You bet brother. Good luck with it. The MX28s are about perfect for the Truggified Typhon. They will balloon on 6s if you don't strap them though. Here's mine with a freshly painted V3 body. My daughter Angie
IMG_20180221_142451735.jpg
helped with the decals.

Looks good, I like the V3 similarity, the V3 looks like a nice ride.
Now if Hobbico could get their #%$^ together, it is getting really tough to find parts for any type of major build, even the Ebay chop shops are running out now.

I may look at a Tekno just to be able to get parts if needed.

I know you have a MT410, that looks almost indestructable (under normal circumstances), have you tried or seen their Truggy in action at all?

TT

Looks good, I like the V3 similarity, the V3 looks like a nice ride.
Now if Hobbico could get their #%$^ together, it is getting really tough to find parts for any type of major build, even the Ebay chop shops are running out now.

I may look at a Tekno just to be able to get parts if needed.

I know you have a MT410, that looks almost indestructable (under normal circumstances), have you tried or seen their Truggy in action at all?

TT
Thanks brother. The MT410 is definitely durable, but comes with plastic parts that need upgrading for harder bashing; shock caps/lowers, spur, servo horn, chassis supports. The truggy is silky smooth and very light. It's definitely a race focused rig. Too pricey for my taste, but to each their own.

Yeah, it is a higher $$$, I would definitely do a Outcast or a Kraton, but I guess I am getting worried about Arrma parts supplies as of late.

I hate not being able to get parts easily.

TT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back