30mm fan on BLX100 ESC???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Hey guys, I have a Senton BLX v3 with the BLX 100 ESC. I live in Florida and this time of year you have to worry about hitting high temperature cut off. Someone here on the forum had suggested to me to get a 30 mm Protek high speed fan. So I went ahead and picked two up. One for the motor and one for the ESC. The holes lineup perfectly with the one on the motor. But the one on the ESC is much smaller. How have you guys mounted a bigger fan on your ESC? If you have some pictures that would be great! Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! Hope you have a great day!!!

I don't have this esc but done this in all 6s esc
You COULD take plastic fan shroud off screw fan in between aluminum Finns BUT use short screws only and DO NOT screw em stupid tight.
You may only get 2 screws in the.

I have done this with a 6s castle esc installed a 40mm fan on esc 2.

Disclaimer I'm not responsible nor liable of you use longer ass screws 😂

Do you have a library nearby? They often 3D print for free. If so, I can send you my design file for this very purpose.

Edit: or PM me your address and I’ll mail one.

I don't have this esc but done this in all 6s esc
You COULD take plastic fan shroud off screw fan in between aluminum Finns BUT use short screws only and DO NOT screw em stupid tight.
You may only get 2 screws in the.

I have done this with a 6s castle esc installed a 40mm fan on esc 2.

Disclaimer I'm not responsible nor liable of you use longer ass screws 😂
I pulled the stock fan and plastic cover off last night to check it out. Unfortunately the holes line up just outside of the fins on the ESC heat sink. Would only be able to use one screw and I'm not going to do that.
Do you have a library nearby? They often 3D print for free. If so, I can send you my design file for this very purpose.

Edit: or PM me your address and I’ll mail one.
Your library has a 3d printer??? We definitely don't have them at our library LoL 🤣. Bro, if you don't mind printing me one up that would be awesome!!!! It's a direct fit for this ESC???
If I can't get the 30mm to work out. I'll probably grab one of these. Thanks for the link!!!

Your library has a 3d printer??? We definitely don't have them at our library LoL 🤣. Bro, if you don't mind printing me one up that would be awesome!!!! It's a direct fit for this ESC???
I think most libraries have them now. I don't mind - just need your address.

Edit: just realized I'm across the country from you. Shipping would probably cost just as much as the 25mm fan linked above.

Last edited:
I think most libraries have them now. I don't mind - just need your address.

Edit: just realized I'm across the country from you. Shipping would probably cost just as much as the 25mm fan linked above.
Ya you're probably right. No worries. You mind sending me the file? That way if I find a printer I can get one.
I was thinking about making one kinda like that out of aluminum plate I have at the house. 🤔

Hey man where you able to print the mount from dure0016?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back