3200KV BLX 3660 motor bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C03camson

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Hello I blew the bearings out in my motor only after about 5 runs. Pretty sure the motor is toast but I want to put new bearings in it and see what it does. Anybody know what size the bearings are?

Hello I blew the bearings out in my motor only after about 5 runs. Pretty sure the motor is toast but I want to put new bearings in it and see what it does. Anybody know what size the bearings are?
Did you ever find out what size they are?

after you replaced the bearing did the motor work again?

after you replaced the bearing did the motor work again?
Mine did. As long as the rotor looks good and none of the Kevlar shielding over the magnets has come off you should be fine.

I just changed my front motor bearing out after it failed pretty quick. Put a new decent bearing back into it and good to go. I'm just curious how long it will last compared to the stock bearings. I had 2 new 3S motors blow their front bearing only after a few runs. I'm assuming the bearings are not that good from stock.

Has this always been an issue with the 3s motors, as it seems to be a common problem.

Last edited:
I just changed my front motor bearing out after it failed pretty quick. Put a new decent bearing back into it and good to go. I'm just curious how long it will last compared to the stock bearings. I had 2 new 3S motors blow their front bearing only after a few runs. I'm assuming the bearings are not that good from stock.

Has this always been an issue with the 3s motors, as it seems to be a common problem.
I think it’s a mesh issue. I guess time will tell.

I think it’s a mesh issue. I guess time will tell.
I'm not entirely convinced it is the motor mesh, maybe in some cases. I'm no expert, but to me my mesh is fine and not too tight. But will be interesting to see how the new bearing holds up.

I'm not entirely convinced it is the motor mesh, maybe in some cases. I'm no expert, but to me my mesh is fine and not too tight. But will be interesting to see how the new bearing holds up.
Ive never had the issue with mesh because I bought the adjustable motor mounts pretty early on.

It's a debris issue with the power module, which is not only far from being sealed, it even ask for debris to enter and stay there, and the debris find the way into the front motor bearing.

Frankly its embarrassing design flaw by Arrma and they should have fixed it long time ago. I'm trying to find a solution to seal this area using foam windows seal, by gluing it to the back and under the power module, we'll see this weekend if it'll work.

One another solution I'm thinking of trying is using some marine grease to seal the front bearing area from sand. do you think it can work?

If I won't find a solution I'll have to use my 3s RC's only for groomed grass and asphalt, which is a shame. while my Losi Baja Rey just drive pack after pack on everything, without service or issues.

It's a debris issue with the power module, which is not only far from being sealed, it even ask for debris to enter and stay there, and the debris find the way into the front motor bearing.

Frankly its embarrassing design flaw by Arrma and they should have fixed it long time ago. I'm trying to find a solution to seal this area using foam windows seal, by gluing it to the back and under the power module, we'll see this weekend if it'll work.

One another solution I'm thinking of trying is using some marine grease to seal the front bearing area from sand. do you think it can work?

If I won't find a solution I'll have to use my 3s RC's only for groomed grass and asphalt, which is a shame. while my Losi Baja Rey just drive pack after pack on everything, without service or issues.
I would be careful putting any lube of any kind anywhere near those slipper pads.

I never ended up putting bearings in it. They sent me a new motor. I’m on my 3rd motor, 2nd esc, 2nd steering servo (all under warranty). Upgraded to typhon 6s shocks because stock leaked constantly. Hot racing steel spur gear. Nothing but issues with this thing. Gonna try and seal up the power module and see how long motor lasts.

I never ended up putting bearings in it. They sent me a new motor. I’m on my 3rd motor, 2nd esc, 2nd steering servo (all under warranty). Upgraded to typhon 6s shocks because stock leaked constantly. Hot racing steel spur gear. Nothing but issues with this thing. Gonna try and seal up the power module and see how long motor lasts.
They really need to make seals for the front of the motor.

Camaroboy's double sided tape trick completely seals up the power module from outside debris:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/help-me-upgrade-my-senton-3s-for-sand.20322/page-2#post-297587
Take care to keep the adhesive clear of the slipper opening. My slipper made a horrible noise when some adhesive got in the gears (easily cleaned). I think foam tape works better than double sided tape. The adhesive is less "goopy".

Yas's o-ring with a washer tip prevents any debris generated inside the power module (slipper and pinion gradually wearing down) from entering the motor:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/page-2#post-290335
Just make sure not to squeeze the o-ring and washer with the pinion or it will create friction. Just barely rest the pinion on the washer before you lock the pinion down.

Last edited by a moderator:

The right side magnet, has no Kevlar shield?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back