3200KV BLX 3660 motor bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, would any 5x13x4 bearings work? (For example: https://www.amainhobbies.com/tko-sp...i-inner-clutch-bearing-1-tko-mr-695-rt/p25848)
Would you recommend sealed bearings or something else?

Also, are both the front and the back bearings the same size?

Thank you!
No you need a motor bearing, as standard bearings usually aren't rated for the high rpms. Idk if that bearing will work in a motor you can certainly try it. And it depends on when you bought the car as earlier this year they changed the motors slightly, the old motor had 2 5x13x4 bearings, the newer motors have a 5x13x4 bearing in the back and a 5x16x5 in the front. Easiest way to check is to pull them both out if they are both the same size then you need 2 5x13x4 bearings if they are 2 different sizes then you need a 5x16x5 and a 5x13x4.

Just a heads up. Bearings work in pairs, and if you’re going to replace em, replace them both. You’re already in there, and a lot of times one new and one old can take out the new one in short order....

Just a heads up. Bearings work in pairs, and if you’re going to replace em, replace them both. You’re already in there, and a lot of times one new and one old can take out the new one in short order....
That's why I like when motors use the same size bearings on both ends, and it helps that a lot of the time TRB RC sells them as pairs anyway.

I did consider leaving the original rear one in but I did replace both in the end. I'm glad I did for piece of mind. All up and running again....for now.

I notice arrma does not sell that 5x16x5 bearing. I am pretty sure it was the same for the v2 3S Arrma branded BLX motors. The two different sizes. I found a local supplier but they have a flat rate for shipping hobby scale bearings so unless you're ordering more than just a few it ends up being quite expensive.

Last summer it seemed impossible to get a slipper clutch rebuild kit for the 3S line and I found they had the tiny thrust bearing for that assembly so it was sooo worth it to get back running instead of waiting I think for a month or two it would have been.
Would that be the size for a 3200kv spmxsm2000

What is the Bread trick ? Also I didn't see it mentioned that the motor bearings should be replaced with METAL shielded bearings, I almost made the mistake of buying standard rubber shielded sealed bearings until catching in one of the youtube videos that they have to be metal shielded due to the heat in the motor, makes sense.

having only successfully employed the bread trick once I can try and explain.

There is no hole in the rear of the motor can in this case. The rear cap comes off. The front of the can has a slightly larger hole than the interior diameter of the front bearing so it can be popped out.

Removing that rear bearing: how do?

Place the rear cap bearing up on a flat sturdy surface.

Get some good old wonder bread.

Roll a tight ball of bread, no crust so it fits in the interior hole of the bearing.

Take your motor shaft and squish the bread. I tapped the other end of the motor shaft to squish it good.

Repeat with more little balls of bread and force them in there with the motor shaft and some hammering.

The motor shaft fits tight inside the bearing so the bread has nowhere to go, correct?

Well it does: behind the bearing.

Eventually the bread will fill between the bearing and the rear cap and evenly push the bearing up until you can remove it.

Make sure you use the rear of the motor shaft because of course the front has that flat spot for the pinion grub screw that would allow the bread an escape route.

Hi all, would any 5x13x4 bearings work? (For example: https://www.amainhobbies.com/tko-sp...i-inner-clutch-bearing-1-tko-mr-695-rt/p25848)
Would you recommend sealed bearings or something else?

Also, are both the front and the back bearings the same size?

Thank you!
On some motors they are, on others they are not. Jim's Bearings has a set of three steel shielded motor bearings, which will fit whichever bearings you have in your motor.

https://jimsbearings.com/products/arrma-blx100-3200kv-motor-bearings

I bought a set to use if my motor bearings ever fail.

What is the Bread trick ? Also I didn't see it mentioned that the motor bearings should be replaced with METAL shielded bearings, I almost made the mistake of buying standard rubber shielded sealed bearings until catching in one of the youtube videos that they have to be metal shielded due to the heat in the motor, makes sense.
They don't have to be complete metal shielded as long as they are a motor bearing. I've been using these type of motor bearings for years and haven't had any issues with them https://www.ebay.com/itm/153903303179 a lot of others use them and like them as well.

hope this helps anyone.

Thank you for this video man. My bearings broke and thought I had to get a new motor...grabbing bearings tomorrow and will follow these steps. Not sure if my bearings broke inside. But if so. Will it be heard to get the balls out because of the magnets? Regardless I appreciate this video

Only the shaft/rotor is magnetic (passively). The windings aren't until energized so they should come out no problem. In fact they'll be stuck to the rotor more than likely.

I notice arrma does not sell that 5x16x5 bearing. I am pretty sure it was the same for the v2 3S Arrma branded BLX motors. The two different sizes. I found a local supplier but they have a flat rate for shipping hobby scale bearings so unless you're ordering more than just a few it ends up being quite expensive.

Last summer it seemed impossible to get a slipper clutch rebuild kit for the 3S line and I found they had the tiny thrust bearing for that assembly so it was sooo worth it to get back running instead of waiting I think for a month or two it would have been.
If am correct, Arrma does not sell any Motor BB's. Part numbers don't exist. Never did. If under warranty, Arrma will just replace the motor. But I have seen some guys given Horizon Hobby aftermarket motor BB's as a subsitute for a motor replacement. Which is usually fine. Usually when an Arrma motor is on B/O.
Need to clean and oil motor BB' often enough. Even a drop of oil on BB's when new is advised. Many BB's are not lubed properly when new. IMO.

Last edited:
Hello does anyone know if you can buy the Shaft that has the Coating & is Magnetic Cause the one I pulled out has a Wobble in it Bearings are shot also my guess is Poor Quality Control cause I got 2 Runs in after Purchasing My Vortex 😠😕
So need to replace Shaft & Bearings Any help would be Greatly Appreciated

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back