Vorteks 3200kv Swap question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronxTechRC72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
So, I've accquired a 3200kv motor that I plan to use in an unamed vehicle, lol, for fear of death threats. It has a 54t spur and is similar in size to the Vorteks. I'm sure you have figured it out. My question is, on that 3200kv motor, 54t spur, BLX 120 ESC, for all around bashing, stock weight, 3s and 2.8 sized tires, what pinions do you guys recomend starting from? Please keep the death threats to a minimum lol.😁

Are you referring to the Traxxas Rustler 4x4?
If it is the Rustler 4x4, then I would start with an 11t pinion (which is the stock gearing). The stock motor is a 3500kv and overheats a bit on 3s, so a 3200kv with the same gearing would probably come close to the ideal setup. If you're still not sure, get a set of cheap pinions from eBay or Amazon for around $10 for 5 to test, and then get a higher quality pinion of the one that fits best.
(also, don't worry about the threats and stuff; every RC I own is a Traxxas other than my Granite, so you're safe)

24t to 27t. I have my girlfriend senton set at 27t. Doesn't even get warm.. but after she killed a castle creation 2200kv. Cheap motors for her 🤣
What motor are you running now? The 3200kv?
Are you referring to the Traxxas Rustler 4x4?
If it is the Rustler 4x4, then I would start with an 11t pinion (which is the stock gearing). The stock motor is a 3500kv and overheats a bit on 3s, so a 3200kv with the same gearing would probably come close to the ideal setup. If you're still not sure, get a set of cheap pinions from eBay or Amazon for around $10 for 5 to test, and then get a higher quality pinion of the one that fits best.
(also, don't worry about the threats and stuff; every RC I own is a Traxxas other than my Granite, so you're safe)
Yes, lol. The VXL model.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back