35kg Amazon servo literally burnt up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YiKKiT

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Had a spare 35kg Amazon $32 servo I put in k6s exb..(have one in big rock & works great in that)

worked ok on 6v in the exb..upped it to 7.4v and was quite pleased with it performance..

maybe 2 packs on 7.4v and it seemed tobe failing..

pick the truck up and smelled like burning..

took unit apart out of curiosity and pic provided for what I found:(

wonder if any of y’all have had this type of failure..for the money they are awesome but if they can’t really handle 7.4v I’m gunna maybe go a different route

4D9D5618-8B82-40CB-BFA7-38ED739C7441.jpeg

I saw a crawler review on YouTube where someone burnt one almost immediately on 7.4V. I have the 25kg in my TRX4, but run it on 6.0V; it is only rated at 6.8V (a seemingly arbitrary number). Sounds like the 35kg is over-rated at 7.4V.

Did you set the end points?
The DS3235’s are rated for 7.4v, so that shouldn’t be the issue..

Last edited:
Which one did you have, the older ones were only 6V capable, but this looks like endpoint or some other overstress as the wires burnt up.

I think you just got a bad one. Crap happens.
I only run one of these DS3235's on 7.4v.
Of the 5 I have, none failed yet. One is close to 2 years and counting. They are getting tired, gear wise. But keep on ticking. Beat the living hell out of them too. My 2 Sav. 1210's not happy with. Run so bad, twitchy and all. I don't use them. They are faster though. They run hottest and are power hogs to boot. Even on 6v.
I agree, user error can get the best of any servo. These do get fairly warm in general. Like many servos do.

Edit: I have fried stock RTR servos like that. From Axial and Arrma. I would attribute water ingress being the problem with them.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback!!

I’m thinking I may have just got a bad one..only had maybe 5 packs total on it in a new car

end points were set and running backflip lp tires..ran only in short grass and small jumps here and there

ive got one in a big rock that has seen lots of abuse haha and it seems to like it

Best part is they are very affordable compared to name brand ones!!

I did order a jx 46kg unit to replace it..curious how the extra strength will do!!

AA41C4B8-65F5-4A75-BED0-0CC2485E52A3.png

Let us know how that one works. I typically order the spare servos ahead and directly from Banggood for half the Amazon price. Pays to have spares and you do not have to wait for shipping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back