Typhon 3900kv motor upgrade for 3s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Looking to upgrade my typhon 3s with Vendetta 3900kv motor. Plan on just running onroad (keeping stock esc/same as Vendetta) and running 20T pinion...will heat be an issue?

Running standard biggy 2.8 street tires (weight of typhon is loghter than Vendetta). Also plan to change typhon body to proline C10 to all more airflow.

It'll be fine on 3s if you stick somewhere around a 20t pinion and pay attention to temps. Keep good quality bearings in the motor, don't run full throttle 100% of the time. I have a buddy who runs Vendetta electronics in a Senton BLX and it's been fine...he converted it as soon as he could get his hands on the parts after they were released. He only runs on pavement and smooth dirt though, I wouldn't recommend grass or really rough surfaces with it. I'm not 100% sure what size pinion he runs, but I think it's a 18-19t.

I have a cheap china 3800kv 3660 that I ran in my Granite for years on 3s and a 15T (Same gearing Arrma uses for the stock 3200kv) yeah, it got hot, normal was 160f-180f. No, I didn't have a fan on the motor, just a heat sink. Yes, it was fast. :)

Now that motor drives my Tekno monster SCT410. Silly power for a SCT. At the track, It will hang with the 1/8 racing buggies on the straight and thru the triple with no issues (other than the loose nut behind the steering wheel)...

In a Typhon 3s, I would expect it to run fast and hot. Make sure you have a good ESC, the stock BLX100 might not like it. I ran it with a Castle Mamba X - great ESC, smooth, great throttle response, very programable.

Looking to upgrade my typhon 3s with Vendetta 3900kv motor. Plan on just running onroad (keeping stock esc/same as Vendetta) and running 20T pinion...will heat be an issue?

Running standard biggy 2.8 street tires (weight of typhon is loghter than Vendetta). Also plan to change typhon body to proline C10 to all more airflow.
I just put the 3900 in my vorteks and so far it runs good. It’s definitely faster and I have not had any heat issues. I ran it pretty hard today and it was about 50%f I have a 30x30mm protek fan on the motor too. I was expecting Cogging or slow starts but that didn’t happen. Great upgrade I say

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back