Kraton 3D Chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDrewGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Voltage
So there is a few different 3d printer files for Arrma's out there. I really needed a chassis brace after bending my chassis in half. I found one file for the Talion stock shock towers. Well The Kraton needed the brace. So figuring that they are close, but not the same, wanted to see how they fit. Got creative, and ordered a carbon fiber tube. Cut it to length, did not drill through it in fear of making it weaker, and used the Talion 3D printed parts I made. With the Voltage towers on the Kraton, the front one was just turned from horizontal to vertical and worked awesome. The Rear was a direct fit, and looks fantastic, but now I have a body clearance issue. So all that needs to be done is find a good way to raise the body 1/2 inch. That's the only issue with it. Any comments and suggestions would be awesome!!

Attachments

• ChassisB.jpg
    ChassisB.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 148
  • CBfrontK.jpg
    CBfrontK.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 127
  • CRrearK.jpg
    CRrearK.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 135
So there is a few different 3d printer files for Arrma's out there. I really needed a chassis brace after bending my chassis in half. I found one file for the Talion stock shock towers. Well The Kraton needed the brace. So figuring that they are close, but not the same, wanted to see how they fit. Got creative, and ordered a carbon fiber tube. Cut it to length, did not drill through it in fear of making it weaker, and used the Talion 3D printed parts I made. With the Voltage towers on the Kraton, the front one was just turned from horizontal to vertical and worked awesome. The Rear was a direct fit, and looks fantastic, but now I have a body clearance issue. So all that needs to be done is find a good way to raise the body 1/2 inch. That's the only issue with it. Any comments and suggestions would be awesome!!
Outcast body mounts are taller. Not sure if that helps, but the body on my outcast just clears my T2T brace and zips with the mounts in the stock height:
2018-0915-Outcast-HotRacingFrontBrace-HomeadeCenterBrace.jpg

So I have the Talion extra body mounts, and they look just like what is in your pics of the outcast. I tried them. They sit a lot wider than the body mounts of the Kraton. Kraton mounts straight up from the rear Tower brace screws, the Talion, and Outcast mount at what looks like a 2-3mm offset. That is exactly where the problem is. I have the front mounts of the Talion sitting on the rear of the Kraton right now, and they are still about 1/4 inch short.

When I mounted a different body on the Kraton, I used the square Traxxas mounts from a Revo. You just cut them to length and mount with longer bolts with lock nuts.

You might need to change mounts and get a new body so you can drill new holes. I don’t think there are mounts that will fit the stock body holes.

Your tower to tower brace should be mounted lower on the rear shock tower. It should rest on top of the rear chassis brace more or less.
RpyZ5gkh.jpg

With the Voltage Hobby front and rear towers, the fitment is a bit different. Thats why I'm using the 3D printed parts for it as well. Those parts fit perfectly in the Voltage parts, and are extremely secure at the top of the Towers.

Your tower to tower brace should be mounted lower on the rear shock tower. It should rest on top of the rear chassis brace more or less.
RpyZ5gkh.jpg

Depends on your goal. If your trying to limit chassis flex, then I agree. I'm trying to limit chassis flex and avoiding having the entire tower fold in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back