3d Print an adapter for my fan.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Can any of our canadian friends on here be able to print me an adapter to mount aa 35mm or 40mm fan to an fpv stack component. So it would have to be able to screw the fan to it from the back and have standoffs built in to screw in the fpv chip on top. the fpv chip holes are 30.5 or standard fpv stack mounting holes. im not partial to fan size, if it is easier to print for a 40mm fan o for it or if 35 is better that works too. I just need to be able to mount a fpv vtx chip to a fan with a space in the between the chip and fan for airflow and to allow space for the components on the pcb(heatsink etc)I'm hoping someone from canada can do it to save me on shipping but if not thats cool ill take what i can get. This is the fpv chip Id like to mount to the fan I need atleast 8mm gap between the fan an pcb for clearance as I have a heatsink mounted to the main black chip you see in the pictures in the link. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07G34CPDN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

fffff.png

Would be easier to not run your vtx at the full 1k mW just because you can lol

I would maybe just throw on a stick on heatsink and call it a day. After that if you are still burning up your vtx then you need to turn down the output power no way you need 1k mW.

Screenshot_20201020-103334_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Lol okay. Thanks anyways. I'll ask someone else. I don't need you to tell me how to run my rigs. I just need a fan mount made. I don't run at 1000mw. I just want it cooled so it lasts longer. They naturally get cooled by the props but since I don't have props I want to cool with fan. Thanks for your contribution though.

I figured you were having heat issues in an enclosed body shell and so you were building a stack inside of a car just to house a vtx and fan assembly. I recall that you were all about running 1k mW for max range.

On that note if you're going to get annoyed at people for making reasonable suggestions then I don't know what else to tell you except good luck.

I figured you were having heat issues in an enclosed body shell and so you were building a stack inside of a car just to house a vtx and fan assembly. I recall that you were all about running 1k mW for max range.

On that note if you're going to get annoyed at people for making reasonable suggestions then I don't know what else to tell you except good luck.
First off your are trying to tell me how to run my rigs and what power I should run. That's not what I asked. Two it is for my cars and their fpv setups. Three I'm not annoyed I just think it's pointless for you to comment if all your gunna do is tell me what I should do with MY stuff. If you don't wanna help make me a mount like I originally asked instead of telling me what I should do then kindly don't comment on the post. I only asked you because you make an adapter for fans. There is plenty of people besides you that will gladly make the mount without so many personal suggestions.

Sorry I suggested an alternative way to manage your heat issue (of your vtx, not your temper).

GL;HF
I have no temper lol. Or heat issues. I asked if you can make a mount. Clearly you can't. Thanks I'll get someone else to do it. Kindly don't comment on this post anymore. Thank you.

Well thanks for all the motivation you gave me, I just made my own out of some carbon fibre plate I had instead. I don't like to be told I can't or I shouldn't. I now have a nice professional looking setup for my vtx fan to keep it cooled to last longer. I will be making another for my kraton but with one modification, i will extend the mount to accept the vtx antenna instead of using a seperate peice of alluminium. Will post pictures tomorrow when I have my phone back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back