3D Printable 4x4 Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave it a shot
IMG_20200416_131204.jpg

Damn my stupid grey look poopy AF now ? Is that red translucent? I'm hoping the red spool I just ordered looks decent.

Can you show me the part that breaks on the 6S wing mount?
Usually between the red lines:
2020-0416-Arrma6S-WingMountBreakArea.jpg

Not sure if making it out of something more flexible would help, or more flexible and thicker where the tower/parts allow for it. Boiled RPM has lasted me the longest.

@suchtragedy - Well I can say for sure your profile feels the best but still has slight stringing, so I think I will just turn up the retraction a small amount to 12mm and call it good. The part does have a much more polished look and if this was something I was going to give away or sell, yours by far is the nicest. However supports were harder to remove. I might adjust the offset another .12mm.

View attachment 75117
Pictured above, left to right: Jon’s 6mm profile, Jon’s 12mm, @suchtragedy 10mm profile

The main difference I think with my profile is that I had Ironing enabled in my profile, so it goes over the top surfaces when it's done with the layer to smooth it out. It looks good with flatter spots than it does with parts that have a lot of small details (like the logos). Looks good though! How many of these are you making? lmao

The main difference I think with my profile is that I had Ironing enabled in my profile, so it goes over the top surfaces when it's done with the layer to smooth it out. It looks good with flatter spots than it does with parts that have a lot of small details (like the logos). Looks good though! How many of these are you making? lmao
I made 3 sets. It was more to get the settings dialed in than anything.

12mm retraction helped quite bit, but still a tiny bit of stringing. Gonna try @suchtragedy profile next and see how that goes. ??

View attachment 75035

holy f","ksgivin! 12mm of retract and your still over pressured? ? i can see 100% your long travel starts are starved at start.. (can tell by your bolt counter sink's)..thats telling me its an over pressure ooze.. so there is another issue some place.. flow percentage is to high? nozzle worn? nozzle not perpendicular to the bed? something is a skew.. ? speed can be a factor as well.. your stepper can push way more filiment than the nozzle can expel..

also i know you went back to the factory ptfe, but with flexibles thats not a good choice.. that leaves tons of room for more filament to squeeze in there.. it compresses just like it stretches.. more area more compression.. if 12mm didnt pretty much pull air you have alot of compression in that filament inside the ptfe... retraction values are much more precise with a ptfe that fits much tighter to the od of the filament, especially with tpu...

ill pull the wing mount file tomorrow and print one and see what it looks like on my profile and the time posted to print... slower the better.... ?

holy f","ksgivin! 12mm of retract and your still over pressured? ? i can see 100% your long travel starts are starved at start.. (can tell by your bolt counter sink's)..thats telling me its an over pressure ooze.. so there is another issue some place.. flow percentage is to high? nozzle worn? nozzle not perpendicular to the bed? something is a skew.. ? speed can be a factor as well.. your stepper can push way more filiment than the nozzle can expel..

also i know you went back to the factory ptfe, but with flexibles thats not a good choice.. that leaves tons of room for more filament to squeeze in there.. it compresses just like it stretches.. more area more compression.. if 12mm didnt pretty much pull air you have alot of compression in that filament inside the ptfe... retraction values are much more precise with a ptfe that fits much tighter to the od of the filament, especially with tpu...

ill pull the wing mount file tomorrow and print one and see what it looks like on my profile and the time posted to print... slower the better.... ?
So I worked on my printer today and I think I got it dialed in better. I did the partial Capricorn PTFE sleeve found here. I also found my e-steps were no longer accurate. Reset my Z Offset as well due to taking the hot end apart again. I'm printing another set of the turbos to see how much it helped. I guess I will know in about 5 hours if it is all resolved ??‍♂️

ok so i dropped the wing files in my slicer setup and here is what i got..

.1mm layer hieght
100% infill / lines
30mm/sec print speed
tree supports with .8 roof
14hrs 34min

26% infill / lines ( so 1.53 line distance
same settings as above 11hrs 27mins

ok so i dropped the wing files in my slicer setup and here is what i got..

.1mm layer hieght
100% infill / lines
30mm/sec print speed
tree supports with .8 roof
14hrs 34min

26% infill / lines ( so 1.53 line distance
same settings as above 11hrs 27mins
That's both sides right? Looks close to mine except I printed 0.2 layer height + adaptive layers turned on 1 side at a time, around 5.5 hours

That's both sides right? Looks close to mine except I printed 0.2 layer height + adaptive layers turned on 1 side at a time, around 5.5 hours

ya both sides.. one shared support for the wing lands.. also forgot to mention.. 2.8 wall width.. ?

well at .2 layer hieght 5.5hrs is half of 11 at .1 layer hieght... ???????

????? don't tell anyone! ????

Last edited:
I have no problem with the stock part. Is this just for color sake? Only issue I have is the Outcast wing wants to fold over from back to front. Maybe put 2 more screw holders towards the back of the wing to attach it more and prevent bending.

I have no problem with the stock part. Is this just for color sake? Only issue I have is the Outcast wing wants to fold over from back to front. Maybe put 2 more screw holders towards the back of the wing to attach it more and prevent bending.

Ive heard you say the same thing about the shock shafts... ????.. Give it time...?

its to have another alternative with some extra flexibility..??? the wing issue you stated has been addressed as well, with a tpu wing.. no need for extra screws...?

Ive heard you say the same thing about the shock shafts... ????.. Give it time...?

its to have another alternative with some extra flexibility..??? the wing issue you stated has been addressed as well, with a tpu wing.. no need for extra screws...?

No issues with the shafts, but I broke an eye 2x so far, same bash spot. That's one baggie at $11

well @jondilly1974 my friend, this is what i ended up with buddy... file looks great, the only thing you should do to make it really nice is increase the o.d of the of the bunper and tower recesses.. ?.. little bit more wall will work wonders.. file is very nice brother! keep up the good work...?

Attachments

• 20200419_215316.jpg
    20200419_215316.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200419_215308.jpg
    20200419_215308.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200419_215302.jpg
    20200419_215302.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 63
well @jondilly1974 my friend, this is what i ended up with buddy... file looks great, the only thing you should do to make it really nice is increase the o.d of the of the bunper and tower recesses.. ?.. little bit more wall will work wonders.. file is very nice brother! keep up the good work...?
I just received my spool if red TPU so I may end up making a red set for my K4S ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back