3D Printable 4x4 Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Per your request @suchtragedy ....

Now I haven't had a chance to print and proof this yet, but the bulk of it should be good. I want to print this before I completely sign off on it. ??

There is a left and right side. You will place the middle where they meet on the bed when printing. You will need a few minimal supports at the bottom.

Arrma 4x4 Wing Mount 1.0.png

Arrma 4x4 Wing Mount 1.0 (1).png

Attachments

• Arrma 4x4 Wing Mount.zip
    172.3 KB · Views: 87
Damn you knocked that out fast lol, Hoowwww?! I mean I'm not complaining but still ?
TinkerCAD is pretty easy to use. I only had to make one side and then duplicate it and mirror it. Then add the recessed holes where it gets screwed together. Easy peasy.

TinkerCAD is pretty easy to use. I only had to make one side and then duplicate it and mirror it. Then add the recessed holes where it gets screwed together. Easy peasy.
Well if this even comes close to a good fit the first time I'm impressed. I always end up having to dial in measurements after 3-4 test prints because it's difficult to get it right, especially with objects that aren't flat.. at least for me lol

Well if this even comes close to a good fit the first time I'm impressed. I always end up having to dial in measurements after 3-4 test prints because it's difficult to get it right, especially with objects that aren't flat.. at least for me lol
There are some dumb lines that I couldn't get rid of in TC. When you join shapes it sometimes leaves a seam, even if the two objects were edge aligned perfectly. But I'm pretty sure they won't show on a print. ?‍♂️?

There are some dumb lines that I couldn't get rid of in TC. When you join shapes it sometimes leaves a seam, even if the two objects were edge aligned perfectly. But I'm pretty sure they won't show on a print. ?‍♂️?
Yeah I hate that too lol, sometimes I can clean them up in a meshlab afterwards but sometimes not. ? It kinda hits my OCD nerve though, that and not being able to chamfer edges on curved surfaces, at least not a way I've found how to do yet ?

Now maybe you could design 2.8 MT wheels next.... lmfao

Yeah I hate that too lol, sometimes I can clean them up in a meshlab afterwards but sometimes not. ? It kinda hits my OCD nerve though, that and not being able to chamfer edges on curved surfaces, at least not a way I've found how to do yet ?

Now maybe you could design 2.8 MT wheels next.... lmfao
Oh boy, here we go. I have wanted to do offset wheels for a while now. I wanted to take the 3.8 Backflip wheels and turn the hex around 180 degrees to have a WELD style wheel. Maybe center the hex in the rim like below. I would love to do like what they did to the Kaiju wheels with white lettering inside the wheel.

1586725737560.png

FYI here's your wing installed. I edited it to add my own small little design touches. Overall came out well plus look at that flex! Flex for days and it goes back to shape after a few seconds. Definitely gonna to replace every stock mount with this one.

Thanks again for the design @jondilly1974

Attachments

• 20200413_212650.jpg
    20200413_212650.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200413_213030.jpg
    20200413_213030.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 95
Make it black now? ehat would happen if you kade arms with the material?
It would drive like garbage and that is if it even was ridid enough to hold up the car's weight.

The wing weighs nothing so something like this is fine but for anything that needs to remotely hold its shape under load you need something that is super rigid but with a tiny bit of flex in it so it doesn't explode under load/impact. This stuff has way too much flex and not enough rigidness.

It would drive like garbage and that is if it even was ridid enough to hold up the car's weight.

The wing weighs nothing so something like this is fine but for anything that needs to remotely hold its shape under load you need something that is super rigid but with a tiny bit of flex in it so it doesn't explode under load/impact. This stuff has way too much flex and not enough rigidness.
True

Well you wouldn’t need shocks ??‍♂️???

Nice work guys

Where can I get that wing mount? It looks like it will hold up good job guys

@suchtragedy would you mind sharing your version so I can take a look and maybe adjust mine as well? Was it so you can bolt thru with nuts?

@suchtragedy would you mind sharing your version so I can take a look and maybe adjust mine as well? Was it so you can bolt thru with nuts?
Yeah I added a bunch of stuff and fixed a few things. Like some of those areas with seams actually had a micro gap (at least when Cura read it) so they were creating weird walls where there shouldn't be any when slicing. Also the bottom of the arms that connect to the body mount I added a angle cutout so they clear over the shock towers better, also added the holes for the 4s wheelie bar to mount from the Outcast 4s, made some of the walls on the bumper mounts bigger because they were super thin when printed, and added chamfer to some edges and corners, and a ton of other stuff mostly because once I got to editing it I couldn't stop messing with it.

See attached.

Attachments

• wing mount redux.zip
    417.7 KB · Views: 81
So the stringing was pretty bad but otherwise these are solid AF!

55A488C9-A3D7-4BC1-82AF-3C6F1E98E583.jpeg

Running another set at 12mm retraction per @Camaroboy383 advice. We will see how they turn out. Now I need some flashy colored filaments like @suchtragedy ?✌?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back