3D Printable Shock Top Eyelet Grommet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
So I decided to rip off a batch of these in TPU, but discovered the same issue other has with my first design. The squared off ridges made it difficult to print in TPU without supports. So I think this version will print better as a whole piece, shouldn't need supports, and should function all the same.

Axial Bushing.png

STL file is below. Print away!

Attachments

• Axial Bushing Coned.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 84
I am able to print the smallish (<5mm ish) 90* overhangs without supports pretty well but I forgot what all went into achieving that within my slicer settings. I think it's mostly because I've dialed in the lowest temp/speed per filament brand/type I use to still get good prints while holding line shape on overhangs. This design makes that less of a pain to figure out so good work! ?

What brand TPU you using? I have great results with Ninjaflex 85A and Sainsmart 95A once dialed in.

I’ve only ever had the Sainsmart 95A. I was told to avoid the Ninja flex. ?

I’ve only ever had the Sainsmart 95A. I was told to avoid the Ninja flex. ?
Ninjaflex is known to be difficult to print with on Bowden extruders because retraction problems because it's so flexible it bunches up in the tube and extruder. Once I got the EZR extruder and Capricorn tubing (smaller ID tube vs stock PTFE) it's worked for me really well without much hassle.

Oh yeah and it really loves to absorb moisture so I use a dry box when I use it and every so often I rebake it in the oven to dry it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back