3D printed a gimbal mount for the Granite 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Kept going back and forth on a camera slide design and landed on an ultra portable version using my Granite as a base. Wasn’t going to spend $300+ for an entry level motorized slide, so I had planned on making something with 3D parts and some conduit. But I couldn’t decide on motor, controls, etc. Then I had a 2am moment of clarity. Strap my gimbal to the Granite! Off I went designing a mount.

Arrma Granite 3S Side Gimbal Mount 1.0.png

Arrma Granite 3S Side Gimbal Mount 1.0 (1).png

Here are the results

DCF79C07-4A02-4C51-93B6-566013D8697B.jpeg

2192ACDD-315B-4013-86A8-613DB797AED2.jpeg

F943708C-F4A8-48D1-A27C-3F763150CA11.jpeg

This was printed in Sainsmart 95A TPU for extra cushion. The gimbal is held to the mount via a single 1/4-20 screw from the bottom. The mount is held by the two M3 screws where the side guard is usually mounted as well as two velcro straps on the center bar.

Last edited:
not to sound stupid but what do you use this for? looks cool but I'm just an old construction worker LoL
To shoot moving video really smoothly. I will be going out later to shoot some samples and will upload something tonight if all goes well.

I like that very slick indeed
Thanks man. Just wait until I have another driver to get moving footage. Next Sunday Funday is gonna be lit! ?

Imagine side by side footage off jumps! ??

Kept going back and forth on a camera slide design and landed on an ultra portable version using my Granite as a base. Wasn’t going to spend $300+ for an entry level motorized slide, so I had planned on making something with 3D parts and some conduit. But I couldn’t decide on motor, controls, etc. Then I had a 2am moment of clarity. Strap my gimbal to the Granite! Off I went designing a mount.

View attachment 74858
View attachment 74859

Here are the results

View attachment 74855
View attachment 74856
View attachment 74857

This was printed in Sainsmart 95A TPU for extra cushion. The gimbal is held to the mount via a single 1/4-20 screw from the bottom. The mount is held by the two M3 screws where the side guard is usually mounted as well as two velcro straps on the center bar.
RCDX

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back