Kraton 3D Printed MAX6 fan adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda looks like my design I made, maybe it's a remix? I like the M3 recessed nuts on yours. I have 30mm and 40mm versions of my design and both work great.

Attachments

• 20200730_124208.jpg
    20200730_124208.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 111
Thanks I have been following his thread also only problem isi don’t have a printer hopefully one day looks like you can print just about anything you’re mind can think of. I am also into model railroading and they have become a game changer for that hobby also.

Kinda looks like my design I made, maybe it's a remix? I like the M3 recessed nuts on yours. I have 30mm and 40mm versions of my design and both work great.

I will be tipping you as I have about half your catalogue on thingiverse saved for my sister to print out for me

Would you sell one of your mounts? I’ve got a max6
I'm not in the business of trying to sell prints, plus the adapters are so small I wouldn't be making any money so it's not going to worth my while to do so.

There are lots of online 3D print and ship sites out there and most offer instant free quotes. You have to download the design (see the thingiverse link posted earlier and download the .STL file(s) for whatever adapter size you want), then go to a print and ship site and look for the link to get a free quote. You'll be prompted to upload the file and from there it's analyzed and based on the size and complexity of the model it calculates the amount of raw material needed to print it. It takes only a couple seconds to calculate and then it gives you your options and associated prices.

Out of curiosity I picked a random print site (craftcloud3d.com) and uploaded my 35mm to 40mm adapter file and the quote was 10 bucks (includes shipping) to get it printed out of nylon, a really durable material. You can pick from a lot of materials but if it were me I'd get the nylon because it's tougher than what I'm using (PLA) and costs the same as the other plastic based materials offered by craftcloud3d.

List of print sites for easy comparisons here (where I got the link to craftcloud3d, it was the first on the list):
https://m.all3dp.com/1/best-online-3d-printing-service-3d-print-services/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-004656_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-004656_Chrome.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I ended up just designing it from scratch. I have a couple of other ideas as @Lride Chart said the caps get in the way a bit. I printed his in PLA so we will see how long it lasts. I’ve been printing in ABS recently and have looked at nylonX next.

I'm not in the business of trying to sell prints, plus the adapters are so small I wouldn't be making any money so it's not going to worth my while to do so.

There are lots of online 3D print and ship sites out there and most offer instant free quotes. You have to download the design (see the thingiverse link posted earlier and download the .STL file(s) for whatever adapter size you want), then go to a print and ship site and look for the link to get a free quote. You'll be promoted to upload the file and from there it's analyzed and based on the size and complexity of the model it calculates the amount of raw material needed to print it. It takes only a couple seconds to calculate and then it gives you your options and associated prices.

Out of curiosity I picked a random print site (craftcloud3d.com) and uploaded my 35mm to 40mm adapter file and the quote was 10 bucks (includes shipping) to get it printed out of nylon, a really durable material. You can pick from a lot of materials but if it were me I'd get the nylon because it's tougher than what I'm using (PLA) and costs the same as the other plastic based materials offered by craftcloud3d.

List of print sites for easy comparisons here (where I got the link to craftcloud3d, it was the first on the list):
https://m.all3dp.com/1/best-online-3d-printing-service-3d-print-services/

Thank you for taking the time to type this out! 3D printing is a black hole of knowledge for me, I know nothing about it. For me to figure out all that stuff on my own, it would have taken forever. Thank you!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back