3d Printed Mechanic Stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCbasher33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
3d printed this stand it is 2 pieces so it can spin. Small parts holder on the bottom. Top has holes for shock rebuilding.

Anyone else have 3d printed suggestions?

Link to the file for anyone interested. I did not design.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1798882

20190817_224636.jpg
20190817_224706.jpg

That's pretty cool. Does it spin easily?
Ya it spins surprisingly easy. I thought I might have to do some sanding but not at all. No way to lock it at a higher height but I figured if I needed to do that I can add a piece of a wooden dowel rod to raise it.
@Outcastblxnut @CofNailz I don't have a bright green color maybe not enough for 2 but I would have to think about price and see what it would cost to ship.

Last edited:
I'm amazed what can be made with a printer. Will have to check out the process to fully understand how it works.

@CofNailz The material isn't expensive its just the time. The material for the one i printed was about $4 but took 30 hours to print lol.
Im sure I can play around with my setting to reduce that etc

Once you factor in shipping probably just better off getting a metal one off ebay.

No matter, I thought you were trying to strike up a little business and thought I'd help out a fellow forum member. I'm good with my $5 yoga block.

@CofNailz The material isn't expensive its just the time. The material for the one i printed was about $4 but took 30 hours to print lol.
Im sure I can play around with my setting to reduce that etc

Once you factor in shipping probably just better off getting a metal one off ebay.
The metal ones are cheaply made. I wouldn't put anything on it heavier than a stampede or granite. There are likely better ones than the one I have, but the one I have just relies on a 4mm bolt/screw for the "spinning" and the thin plate of aluminum to handle all the off kilter weight. If I squeezed it in my hands, I could rip the screw out of it.

The one I have is like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hobbypark-Aluminum-Station-Crawler-Traxxas/dp/B07N18C8H2

I wouldn't even try throwing my outcast or ERBE on it. It would just break unless I centered it just right. In either case, it's not strong enough to do any real wrenching on it. I just use it to stand the stampede on on my truck rack.

2019-0331-Stampede-HotRacingFrontTires.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back